SOLD Fender Warmoth Audere Jazz V, Black Maple Tort

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by superiorpine, Feb 29, 2020.

1. superiorpine

superiorpine Superiorpine Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    Price:
    $525
    Strings:
    Back and Maple C7D90EC0-793C-4D71-8D0F-5EF2E47B472C_1_201_a.jpeg Fender Warmoth Audere Jazz V

Selling to help fund a custom build. $525 shipped. C7D90EC0-793C-4D71-8D0F-5EF2E47B472C_1_201_a.jpeg B3A9E046-F8BC-479F-A4BB-8E9393320A36_1_201_a.jpeg C93F07DA-D5B7-450A-9EDD-EE9C083DA5BD_1_201_a.jpeg C412B1F1-DDAE-4CA5-ACC2-46D67AEEA7AC_1_201_a.jpeg 2FE83166-F623-4F6C-A813-0F6918034715_1_201_a.jpeg

Black Fender MIM body and Maple Warmoth maple 22 fret neck, new Fender tort guard and awesome all USA active electronics with Audere 3 band and F switch (JZ3 VB 3 Band, link here: Pro JZ3 VB 3B Chrome .) Battery mounted under the control plate.

Bartolini 57 J classic neck pickup, Fender Reggie Harrison Custom Shop bridge pickup (bought here on TB). This is a very flexible, killer combination. Can produce a very credible P tone with the bart pickup and EQ, and a killer, huge Jaco type tone with the bridge pickup and F switch engaged. Between the pickup blend and the tone shaping 3 band, it can go from dub to modern clean in a moment.

Strung with TI jazz rounds. Of all the string sets I tried, from SS to tapes, these were the best for balanced with both deep bass and articulation on this instrument. B string is tighter than any of the other dozen or so Fenders or G&Ls I have owned or tried, even with the TIs. Go figure.

Metrics:

No appreciable fret wear. 1 7/8 nut, C shaped standard neck profile. Dunlop 6150 frets IIRC, lightweight tuners.

18 mm bridge spacing. Hipshot aluminum quick change bridge.

9.6 to 9.8 pounds, based on two different luggage scales used. Well balanced on a strap.

Ships with a better than average quality Proel gig bag with some silver sharpie writing and multiple pockets.

Sorry, I don’t have the capability for sound clips.

Qualifiers:

Slight worming on back, couldn’t photograph. Bit of a chunk out of the top of the headstock, visible in photos. Slight discoloration on treble side of neck at the board, not visible from the front. The Hipshot aluminum bridge is mounted .5 inch closer to the neck to accommodate the 22 fret Warmoth neck. This brings the back pickup a little closer to the bridge, which actually improves the tonal flexibility. A small strip of black pick guard material is mounted behind the bridge. The mods were all professionally done are totally reversible if you wanted to return it to stock with a Fender MIM neck, though I don’t think you would want to unless you wanted to part it out.

This is neither a collector piece or museum piece, it is a player. It shows signs of being played, though on the whole it is in good to very good used condition.

$525 shipped CONUS FedEx ground, insured. Priced for a quick sale. Prefer PayPal. FedEx requires signature for a package of this value. I recommend having it sent to a commercial address, perhaps where you work in a day job, as a way to make sure someone is there to sign.

International OK. PM for details.

Final note: This is a good price, considering a new Fender MIM active Jazz V lists for $925 (or with a 15% discount $ 786) shipped at MF or GC. A new MIM is not the same league for electronics and neck as this instrument. Save over 2 bills for a much nicer instrument, even though it’s a parts guitar.)

Mike neph, Dark Horse, 6tzguy and 3 others like this.
  2. kuuuks

kuuuks

Jul 22, 2010
    Nice bass, need to fix the 4 string on there to 5 string... GLWTS

3. superiorpine

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    Got it. Thanks.

Texture on back is a reflection of the blinds in the room where the pic was shot.

4. Gecko 5

Gecko 5 Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 11, 2005
    South Milwaukee , Wisconsin
    Gecko Leatherworks
    Where in Wisconsin are you located?
    ** Sorry, just saw Milwaukee. I am in South Milwaukee.
    Very interesting....

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    That's a LOT of bass for not a lot of money.

pedroims, JCooper, ardonlouie and 3 others like this.
  6. phillipkregg

phillipkregg Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Nashville, TN
    This is a killer, working professional’s bass, for almost a Squier-like price. Won’t last long!

6tzguy and superiorpine like this.
  7. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Nice bass! Curious what that cream strap is in the first pictures?!

8. superiorpine

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    Italia 4" wide leather strap, the color is called Crema, and it has a suede black back. It works great with this bass, and I thought the color complimented the maple board.

sunbeast likes this.
  9. superiorpine

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
  10. superiorpine

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
  11. Dark Horse

Dark Horse Supporting Member

Jul 31, 2008
    Austin, TX
    No interest in trades, correct ?

12. superiorpine

Jul 31, 2007
    Milwaukee WI
    Not really interested in trades. However, these are desperate times. If you have something unique and unobtanium that is otherwise one-sided in my favor feel free to PM.

Dark Horse likes this.
  13. Anthony Fury

Anthony Fury

Jan 20, 2009
    Chicago
    This is not a good price. It's a F&*^n GREAT price! I wish I was a 5-string player. GLWTS!!!!!

ivlucas and superiorpine like this.
  14. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021