1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fender Warmoth best sounding jazz bass I have ever heard!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Dredmahawkus, Oct 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    I am still not sure I want to do this! but I think I have come to the conclusion that just playing one or 2 basses is better to develope my skills then owning 8 and switching around so much! I put together this bass with a Fender burst body...Fralin 10% overwound pups. Badass2 grooved saddle bridge. A warmoth bubinga shaft with a bubinga fretboard and abalone inlays. Becker guitars spray glossed the neck for me. I think it might be quatersawn but I am not sure...all the lines are gong straight down....its insanely nice looking!and not a scratch on it I dont think! its never left my house except for going to the guitar shop. jazz 1.5 neck 6150 frets. Hipshot ultra light tuners. All the frets were leveled and dressed...since warmoth does not think they need to do this to a brand new neck for some reason. This is the best sounding bass I have ever heard. here are some clips of me playing it...it growls its deep and I swear it sustains for a week! ....its insane!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GFUhCy5qMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGR8uw2QgMw

1050 shipped in a brand new tweed Fender case I just bought for it on sweetwater. Even if you hated this bass you could sell the parts and make more then 1000 back! I have over 1400 into this! The only trade I want is a 74 or 75 AVRI
    [​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

2. groooooove

groooooove Supporting Member

Dec 17, 2008
    Long Island, NY
    that neck is insane.

good luck with the sale.

3. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Thanks it looks even better in person with streaks of red going through it...I took that pic the minute it came back from being done it blew my mind! I go around on my phone and show people my neck! lol

4. georgiagoodie

georgiagoodie It's all fun&games 'til the winged monkeys show up Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Atlanta, GA
    Bump for a bass I dig.
    Should make someone very happy.

5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    That neck is groovy.

6. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Thanks!

7. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    ttt

8. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Its not only good sounding its good looking!!!

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

[​IMG][/URL][/IMG]

9. Dredmahawkus

Dredmahawkus

Nov 4, 2012
    Boston
    Gonzo thread closed!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.