1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fender/Warmoth Jazz (Nordstrand/Bart-pre/Schaller)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TonyP-, Nov 17, 2015.

1. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Price:
    $450
    Strings:
    I have to many Jazz bass and I'm playing 5 strings 95% of the time.

So its time to move the basses that are not getting played.

91 MIA body
    Nordstrand 60's pickups
    Schaller hardware (bridge and tuners)
    Warmoth Padouk neck with an ebony board and stainless steel frets
    Bart 4 band pre (input jack on the side)

Not trades or original components. Shipping to the lower 48 only and within 1 business day.
    Included is a light but new gig bag.

24lpytz.
    cqn14.
    2j0ibv7.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2016
  2. Nice !

3. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Audio Mike Lull Custom Guitars Gallien Krueger amplification Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass Electronics
    Thanks eadg
    Its a lot of bass for little money.

4. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
  5. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    I like this! Great price for a super nice bass!

TonyP- likes this.
  6. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    I watch these forums everyday, I don't remember seeing this much quality for this price And it was assembled by a pro repair/restoration/hot rod
    Specialty shop. If this bass is still around by Thanksgoving I'll be surprised. The seller has over a 100 positive feedbacks. If you need/want a jazz it's a no brainer!

TonyP- likes this.
  7. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Thank You...I appreciate it.
    I'm in clearing mode, and its crime that this this bass is sitting in gig bag in the corner of my studio space.

8. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    What's the padouk neck do for the tone?

9. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    To me its really like Maple but with a touch more pronounced lower mid.

10. jongor

jongor

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
    weight?

11. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Guessing a little over 9.5 lbs but I cannot tell exactly with the bath room scale (not an ultra light, I will admit, but no T-40 either).

12. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    can you describe the control layout? Hard to tell from photo.....

13. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Vol
    Bal
    Bass/Treble (stacked)
    Mid (push pull 400 / 800)

Input is on the side jack.

14. bherman

bherman Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2009
    Grand Junction, CO
    Thanks for the info - this looks like a great bass, but I don't think that I could get used to not having separate volume for each pickup. Good luck with the sale, should go quickly and make someone happy (and clear out some space for you)

TonyP- likes this.
  15. rojo412

rojo412 Sit down, Danny... Supporting Member

Feb 26, 2000
    Cleveland, OH.
    With the Bart preamp, that's an easy change to make. Just sayin!
    GLWTS, she's a beauty.

TonyP- likes this.
  16. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Still around

17. Humabass

Humabass Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Slim taper or standard Warmoth contour neck?

18. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Standard

19. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Yep it is still here after getting a PM on this...

Just not pushing it...
    Cheers

20. TonyP-

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    Ok folks...I'm going to let this go really cheap.

Its $450 for the next couple of days...Shipped to the lower 48 only