1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
  2. Welcome Back!  Please see this thread for more info about the site outage.  Thank you for your patience as we work out bugs and tweak server configs.

SOLD Fender/Warmoth Parts Precision (Decked Out)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by TheLowDown33, Mar 6, 2021.

1. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Here's a parts bass I put together recently and it sounds and plays really well, just having some expenses pop up and I could use the cash more than *another* P bass. Body is a player precision with a Dimarzio Area J bridge pickup installed. The J position is slightly closer to the neck ala Pat Wilkins and works really well solo'd. Bridge is a Babicz full contact. Right now, the wiring is volume, tone with a 3 way switch between the pickups. The neck I had spec'd out by Warmoth. It is their 1.5" J style, normal contour, ebony over roasted maple with 21 6230 (vintage-size) standard frets and graphite reinforcement in the neck, as well as hipshot ultralite tuners. The back of the neck is super smooth, being finished with two light coats of wipe on poly (the good stuff, General Finishes Arm R Seal satin) and I splurged a bit and ordered some inlays that match the body color. Currently strung up with La Bella Deep Talkin' flats 45-105 for maximum thump. Price includes shipping and will ship in a fairly padded gig bag. Thanks for looking and feel free to ask any questions!

Attached Files:

flewis, G RICH 5 and JRN like this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow that's beautiful, especially the neck.

3. basstodave

basstodave

Jan 12, 2002
    arizona
    Is that then a made in Mexico body? Alder? Weight?

4. TheLowDown33

TheLowDown33 Supporting Member

Jul 4, 2009
    NJ
    Yes, yes, and right around 9 lbs on the kitchen scale.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 14, 2021