1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fender/Warmoth Seafoam P Bass w/Fralin

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mattylowdown4, Oct 11, 2013.

1. mattylowdown4

mattylowdown4

Aug 8, 2011
    New York
    For sale is this lovely Seafoam Green Precision bass. American Warmoth Sea foam Alder Body with real "road worn" Mexi Neck. Parchment Guard and cream pickup cover. Ships with original Fralin black cover as well. And a lightweight gig bag.
    $650 shipped CONUS

The body is like new. One small dent on back. Newish Bad Ass II Bridge, Hand Wound Lindy Fralin P' pickup, Lic. by Schaller tuners, Bayou Audio Wiring and pots and D' Addario Half rounds.

The neck is a 1.625" nut Mexi skunk stripe with a natural "vintage tint" and a slightly worn feel and look. This neck served me well for a 100 gigs and is still straight and strong. The frets have plenty of life and have been recently crowned and polished. The nut had a small crack which i had gorilla glued 6 years ago and hasnt budged since.

With the tone dimed this is the best rock bass Ive ever owned. I had the the fralin is just a tad overwound which gives you a great even growl. With the the tone dumped you get thick motown feel. heres a sample of that. Strung with old flats you can see how it it cuts with warmth even in an outdoor, live, PA'd setting:

http://snd.sc/1hJB0mx

https://soundcloud.com/mmandia4/long-may-you-run-acoustic

This is the bass that got me hooked on P Bass's after years of messing around with other stuff. I finally went in for a vintage piece so its time to let her go. I dont HAVE to sell this but if someone wants it and will play it Id pass it on.

Attached Files:

2. mattylowdown4

mattylowdown4

Aug 8, 2011
    New York
    Comes with vintage-y chrome pickup cover too! Groovy.

Open to trades (w/ cash on my end)

3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Nice!

4. bassfreakah

bassfreakah

Mar 26, 2011
    Endorsing Artist Ernie ball strings
    sweetness.....

5. mattylowdown4