Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender warranty issues

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrDuncan, Sep 29, 2005.

1. First of all I hope this is posted in the right forum. I have been having a problem recently with getting the neck on my Geddy Lee replaced. The neck was warped due to a manufacturing defect and when I took the bass in for repair the shop told me that Fender covers that under their warranty and that it would be fixed free of charge. That was in May and its still not fixed and now the warranty is up. I just found out that they are saying Fender no longer makes the necks for that bass. I have the option of fighting to get the neck replaced or I can take another bass free of charge. The shop is offering me a 60s Jazz Classic, Jazz bass 24 or a Deluxe Zone 5 string. What should I do??

2. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Contact Fender directly yourself and find out what is really going. I have found them to be very helpful. If those are indeed your only options, which I doubt as Fender is still advertising the Geddy, I would try each of those basses and then decide.

3. WarwickFan

WarwickFan

Feb 7, 2005
    Florida
    So the offer is a MIM bass as trade for your MIJ Geddy. Demand a new neck or a new Geddy. IMHO, it is better than any of the others you were offered. Fight, fight, fight. :ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

4. I just got back from the store and after a few arguments and me doing some cursing I am getting a brand new Geddy Lee. Problem is that I tried the Jazz Bass 24 while I was there and now I have GAS for two new Fender basses. Think I may go down and get the 24 and order myself a Dirnt Precision.