1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fender "White" pearloid isn't quite white?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by ReidK, Jul 18, 2008.

1. ReidK

ReidK Jst sy n t lsy cmprsn.

Hi. I recently got (internet vendor) a US-made Fender pickguard for a Pbass, new, in Fender packaging. I ordered a white pearloid one, and the package has the right model number, but it really isn't a clean bright white, it has a yellowish cast to it, as if it were aged. It's lighter than Fender's cream color, so I don't think it's just mislabeled, and it looks brand new otherwise (still got the clear film on it) so I don't think it's intended to be a Relic. It's quite heavy and solid, not a cheapie, so I think it's a real Fender.

I have a Mighty Mite pickguard in white pearl on another instrument, and it's very bright white compared to the Fender. Put the two side by side, and you'd really have to call the Fender off-white.

Is this normal? Or should I ask for an exchange?

Thanks for any info.

Reid

2. MisterV619

MisterV619

May 15, 2006
    I think it's normal. My Fender Marcus Miller has the inlays listed as white pearloid on the spec sheet, but the color is also as you described.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021