Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Zone Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ChlkDstTtr, Mar 12, 2002.

1. ChlkDstTtr

ChlkDstTtr Guest

Feb 15, 2002
    Seacoast New Hampshire
    For the past couple months I've been looking for a bass.

I'm looking for something that's relatively inexpensive (i.e. less than $700), but is also versitile since I don't really have a specific style I want to play.

I was thinking about a Fender P-Bass Special, but then I saw the Fender Zone Bass.

It looks like it has a P-Bass Lyte body and a Jazz Neck (not sure about this one though) with 22 frets.

Does anyone own one of these? Or at least know something about them 'cause there's no info on them (I guess since they're new lat year)?

2. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I tried to play one at Daddy's Junky Music, but I couldn't because the P-pickup was touching the e-string! (despite the fact that the PU was already angled to meet the string contour, but not enough.)

It looked nice, though.

3. ChlkDstTtr

ChlkDstTtr Guest

Feb 15, 2002
    Seacoast New Hampshire
    The one that I tried had the action set too high, but I thought it still played nice. Before I buy one I would definitly get them to adjust it so I could try it out properly.