Fender Zone Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    They were a new product, I played one at the shop not 6 months ago... Now they are not on the Fender site... Did they decide that they sucked or something?
  2. I didn't check the Fender site, but, Musiciansfriend still has both models.

The American made has two soap bar pups and is going for $1,369.00

The Mexican made has a PJ set up and looks pretty inviting in Sienna sunburst for $629.00 :cool:

Musiciansfriend - basses - 4 string fretted

Check 'em out.

3. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    I "played" a Mexican one that looked nice, but was so poorly set up that I couldn't really play it, because the part of the P-pickup was touching (!) the E-string.
  4. im gas'n for a deluxe zone (not MIA, only in highschool :D ) i played one at my local music store and it was smoooooooooth
  5. BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    The other bassist at my church :p has one of those silvery zones I played it.. I have to say the frets were a bit too close together for me compared to my American P, but I believe it was a solid buy for the price he paid, I forget how much but he spent like 700$ with an nice sized amp? I'd take my P over it anyday but I don't mind playing his once in a while for gigs for a difference, but yea if you don't have the cash its a solid buy, but I'm still a sucker for Japanese made Fenders after hearing a couple :p
  6. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...

Dan Mclintlock from Inspection 12 plays one..

Hes one of my heros.. plus he sings..

and harmonizes ;)
  7. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Just to bump this up and because it's Nino's fault. :) (If he hadn't posted the Steve Harris bass he worked on I wouldn't have wandered out of the house gassing for something P-bass like).

I just bought one. MIM - black. Very nice tone and very nice to play. I found it in a local store. It was unplayed, mint condition, and came with a Fender case. The previous owner never played it. It still had the tags on it. Not even a thumb print. I am just loving this thing. Now I just have to get a new amp to go with it.
    :( ;)