Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Zone Bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Mike Money, Mar 26, 2003.

1. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    They were a new product, I played one at the shop not 6 months ago... Now they are not on the Fender site... Did they decide that they sucked or something?

2. MattFreemanRock

MattFreemanRock

Nov 30, 2002
    Its a deluxe model.

3. I didn't check the Fender site, but, Musiciansfriend still has both models.

The American made has two soap bar pups and is going for $1,369.00

The Mexican made has a PJ set up and looks pretty inviting in Sienna sunburst for $629.00 :cool:

Musiciansfriend - basses - 4 string fretted

Check 'em out.

Mike

4. pilotjones

pilotjones Supporting Member

Nov 8, 2001
    US-NY-NYC
    I "played" a Mexican one that looked nice, but was so poorly set up that I couldn't really play it, because the part of the P-pickup was touching (!) the E-string.

5. im gas'n for a deluxe zone (not MIA, only in highschool :D ) i played one at my local music store and it was smoooooooooth

6. BoiNtC

BoiNtC

Nov 25, 2002
    NYC, USA
    The other bassist at my church :p has one of those silvery zones I played it.. I have to say the frets were a bit too close together for me compared to my American P, but I believe it was a solid buy for the price he paid, I forget how much but he spent like 700$ with an nice sized amp? I'd take my P over it anyday but I don't mind playing his once in a while for gigs for a difference, but yea if you don't have the cash its a solid buy, but I'm still a sucker for Japanese made Fenders after hearing a couple :p

7. Stupidnick

Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002
    ...my room...
    hmmmm

Dan Mclintlock from Inspection 12 plays one..
    VERY NICE TONE HE HAS!

VERY NICE!

Hes one of my heros.. plus he sings..

and harmonizes ;)

8. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Just to bump this up and because it's Nino's fault. :) (If he hadn't posted the Steve Harris bass he worked on I wouldn't have wandered out of the house gassing for something P-bass like).

I just bought one. MIM - black. Very nice tone and very nice to play. I found it in a local store. It was unplayed, mint condition, and came with a Fender case. The previous owner never played it. It still had the tags on it. Not even a thumb print. I am just loving this thing. Now I just have to get a new amp to go with it.
    :( ;)

:bassist: