Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fender Zone V

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Dr. Cheese, Jan 3, 2006.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    ARe any of you familiar with the Fender Zone V? I know it is made in Korea and it is mid priced, I think the street price is around $700? Have any of you guys played one and is it worth checking out? I am very partial to five string P pickup basses.

2. i played one when i was in kauai, hawaii. its the only shop i've seen one with one in stock which was pretty weird cause iw as on vacation. but either way i didnt really think it was as good as all its hyped up to be from reviews i've read, seemed kinda fake and cheesy to me but alll fenders feel fake to me when i play them at first cause theyre not my bass and i'm not used to them. the active eq was kinda set up weird; cant remember the order. i'm betting you could get a better fender if you saved up $100 more. FYI its around $650 street

3. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

Doc -

I think you have the biggest case of perpetual GAS on Talkbass! (Except for me, maybe! ;) )

I have looked at that Bass many times on the Fender website but I can't abide that color -- especially when the 4-String is so "drop-dead-gorgeous!"

I don't mean to hijack your thread but LOOK at this!
    [​IMG]

This picture doesn't do it any justice. Why won't fender make the fiver in that finish? :mad:

4. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Thanks for the info guys. I'm really just asking, I won't be getting anything for a while. :bag:

5. Dr. Cheese

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    IotaNet, that American Zone is sweet. That bass and the Victor Bailey signature really have a boutique vibe IMO.

6. IotaNet

IotaNet Supporting Member

I've played the Victor Bailey.

Take my advice -- don't. You'll have a hard time leaving it in the store -- it is TOO sweet.