Fenderbird Prototype picture,Can you guys help my design?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Crimsonghost_07, Nov 3, 2003.

1. Crimsonghost_07

Sep 17, 2003

Hello everyone!,. Here is my final prototype design for my
    "Fenderbird" bass im building, I Just have a few details to work out, and i was wondering if you guys could shoot out some suggestions,
    the picture basiclly represents the finished product, however the pickups will be from a current model les paul bass to a bit narrower. and i will be using chrome pickup surrounds with them.

Input jack, im basiclly down to 1 ideas here,
    1.a side mount electro socket.

Bridge, i really want to use a chrome/nickel 3 point gibson bridge, i really like like the look and is "correct" for a bird.
    Should i use the end tail piece with the bridge like in the pic?

Also any other suggestions?
    Im almost set on shooting the body with dupont "Centari" acrylic enamel with hardener. color: "Pitch Black" This stuff is awsome and comes out like glass!

Anyone other suggestions on color?

2. Dr Dave

Dr Dave

Nov 2, 2003
    Wakefield UK
    Wow,looks a monster to me!
    Personally I'd put a Badass on it,plug it in and blast some unsuspecting disbeliever out the window!Hope your plans work out my friend
  3. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Music Man/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
  4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    She looks killer, man! How much would one of those baddies cost me?
  5. the original T-bird bridge used the tailpiece and a separate sort of tunamatic bridge- as on John Entwistle's original thunderbirds and Fenderbird hybrid.

the 3-point type with the integral tailpiece is used on the newer models.

the 3-point plus the tailpiece is a bit excessive visually.