Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

FenderBXR300...more like FenderPOS300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by b0nes83, Mar 22, 2001.

1. b0nes83

b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    does anyone else hear have a FenderBxr300? if so are you having trouble finding a good sound? i have had it for 1 1/2 years now and i think its time for a new amp. peace.
    Chad

2. MJB

MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Your right. It's time for a new amp. When you buy the next one, don't leave the store with it until you can find a sound you like.

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    IMO, its one of the worst amps ive played. And damn, i own it...

4. td1368

td1368

Jan 9, 2001
    Philadelphia
    I own one and I must admit I like it. The sound is pretty basic though. I guess it depends on the style of music you play and the guitar that you own. I've read reviews that a cheap guitar wall sound crappy through the amp. What do you play?

I've also read that adding a 2x10 cab helps or the Tech 21 sans amp really gives some tone options.

5. rsautrey

rsautrey Banned

Jul 27, 2000
    Yeah, I used to own a Fender POS....I mean, BXR 400. I was young and naive at the time. Ampeg all the way now.

6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

The only decent bass amp Fender ever made for live use, IME, was my old 400PS (3-18"s @ 435 tube watts). The Showmans and Dual Showmans were okay. The blackface Bassman was fine in the studio and was okay live, if you didn't want the audience to know what you were playing.

I went into a music store a few years ago to try out a bass and the salesman plugged me into some Fender Bassman 15", (I guess it was the Bassman 100), and it had a partially open back :eek: I couldn't get a decent bass tone out of that thing to save Leo's life (it certainly wasn't the G&L I was trying out).

bones, your ear is definitely getting more refined. Congrats!