1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fenderhutz vs. The Pabst Brewing Company

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by fenderhutz, Sep 9, 2008.

1. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I have been buying Pabst for a good part of the last 5 years and pay about 4.39 per six pack.

I just went to the store and they raised the price to 5.19 :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

I will just go ahead and post my own fail and get it over with.

[​IMG]

2. StyleOverShow

StyleOverShow Still Playing After All These Years Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2008
    Hillsdale, Portland
    Must be the aluminum cans that increased (cuz it aint the quality of the beer).

3. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

That's just wrong. If they raise it any more, you might as well start buying the "rich people beer" like Sam Adams and Sierra Nevada!

4. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Agriculture prices have increased as a result of petroleum demand spikes and lands being used increasingly to produce ethenol.

Beer is just another victim.

5. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I actually spend about 7 bucks per beer on Belgian ales and up to 12 on Barleywine :)

6. If you're drinking the good stuff, how can you drink stuff like that? Once a year or so, I have a Bud Light somewhere where there's no beer selection. Might as well be drinking water!!! Vive hops, malt, and real yeast!!!

7. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    spend an extra 2bucks and get a 12pack of miller high life bottles. they went up in price too over the past year :spit:

8. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    The Champagne of Beers. Why? Because of the headache if you drink too much.

9. LOL, no kiddin' that and it should be (Man) Law that they come with some ultra soft toilet paper for the next morning.

10. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    I've gotten wasted on it and never got a headache afterward. then again its been my beer of choice since i was 16 :bag:

11. LowBSix

LowBSix Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 25, 2008
    818 ~ 805 ~ L.A.
    Endorsing Artist: GHS Strings
    Everything's going up... It costs more to deliver...

12. theory028

theory028 Really Loud Hamburger.

Jul 4, 2007
    Cedar Falls, IA
    That sucks, but there's always Keystone. ;)

13. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Being a fan of pabst, I realize that appealing to your common sense is as futile as trying to harvest bacon from an avocado tree, but I will present my suggestion of buying your pabst by the case for the good of Tb. I realize that this post might be falling on deaf ears (deafness being a common side effect from drinking pabst), but at least others might have the opportunity to recoup that nineteen cents.

14. sb69coupe

sb69coupe

Aug 9, 2004
    Raleigh NC
    There has been a terrible hop harvest the past two years. Also, many barley fields have been converted to corn thanks to the the huge subsidies being thrown at the ethanol industry. Hop prices up 3X from a few years back, barley prices going up, plus the cost of fuel and electricity means higher prices.

My local microbrew has jumped from $5.99 to $7.49 a six pack.

15. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I certain store still sells Pabst for 9.99 a 30 pack. :)

That's 30 cents per beer. :)

16. The cheapest beer around here costs $6 for a six pack. The stuff that I like to drink costs $22 for a twelve pack.

lowsound

17. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    There's nothing wrong with a PBR that nine more PBRs can't fix.

18. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    Except a hangover.

19. I hate you people and your cheap beer.

Cheapest here is $10.50 (approx.) for a 6-pack big name domestic. Micros go for at least $13/6-pack. I can easily drop $30 getting a dozen beer when I pick them out individually.

20. fenderhutz

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV

I get 24 packs of Yuengling for 14.99 :)