Fender's customer service policy in the UK

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Rockin John, Feb 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. My experience is that it's not very good :( and I wonder why that should be.

Is this not supposed to be the top manufacturer of electric musical instruments?

I've been waiting for an under-guarantee replacement bass boost / cut control knob for the Jazz for about 6 months. My dealer says he tried his best and that it's on back order from Fender. I honestly don't know whether I'll ever get it. I even tried emailing Fender USA about this part. As yet, nothing. :bawl: [Could anyone give me a current email address for Fender Cust Service, USA, please]

I was put off Fender bass amps because another dealer told me that there is just one guy looking after all instrument and amplification repairs in the UK. Dealer said there was absolutely no certainty that an under-guarantee repair would ever get done. If true, what a shambles.

I love my Jazz but I'm seriously worried about after sales service.

John

2. Unfortunately John, I can only confirm that Fender after sales service is just an idea in the minds of hopeful bassists. I have two Fender basses and about 6 years ago bought a Rumble 500 combo for rehearsal as it was light and punchy enough. Now the amp part has given up I wanted to convert the 2x10 speaker unit to an additional cab. I did this years ago with a Marshall combo. Unfortunately Fender use a PC type of connector to the speaker cab from the amp (The Marshall was a simple 1/4 jack plug) I wrote to Fender to ask what the spec was for the connector and they would not tell me!! Even though someone there has speced the part, someone else has ordered it, and at least a third has fitted it, they were unwilling to divulge the information; as the after sales team are not provided with the schematics. Woeful! Needless to say I shall buy no more Fender.

3. I mean, if it’s on back order then it’s on back order. Other people are probably waiting on the same part.

Customer service email is on their website. You should talk to your dealer and get whatever warranty claim info they have...OR....

Return the bass to them. If the product is under warranty, and the product isn’t returned to operation in accordance with the warranty (That you have read, right? Read it.) and local laws, then you have the right to get the situation resolved.

When I had a defective Fender product - truss rod in the neck was defective - they immediately told me that hey would refund my money. Instead, we worked out a good deal on another instrument.

Your dealer is a part of this equation as well.

4. Heh G-dude maybe my post was not very clear but, the part I wanted the details on is from the combo amp to the speaker unit. It is out of warranty, and the part cannot be on back order because they are unable to tell me what it is. My dealer will only sell me a new unit which I definitely do not want.

5. charlie monroe

charlie monroe Gold Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2011
    Buffalo, NY
    Why not sever the existing proprietary connector and install a standard female phone jack?

Pilgrim and g-dude like this.
  6. Ah, I was replying to the ancient post you replied to.

As to your specific issue, there’s no way any company is going to divulge what you’re looking for. Especially when you are going to engage in an “untested” usage case.

Basically, you’re better off just having the thing rewired by a professional, or buy an empty cab from someone like Avatar Speakers and throw your speakers into it.

If you don’t know what you are doing, do not touch any internals of the amplifier itself. Capacitors can store enough energy to kill you or at least ruin your day.

7. cool idea, thanks

charlie monroe likes this.
  8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

That would be the glaringly obvious solution, especially with something out of warranty. Connecting two wires is hardly "rocket surgery."

Heck, I keep connectors in my garage to do that as needed.

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton My P doesn’t have flats or tort Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    This is a 15 year old thread that had no replies until yesterday and OP hasn’t been on in months. Just gonna close it.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.