Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fernandes APB100F fretless five

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Justyn, Jan 12, 2005.

1. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Pt. II of the sale that started with my Carvin fretless six. My Hanewinckel Vintage Ceres fretless 6 now consumes my every waking moment (thanks Boogie!!).

Here are the specs:

Neck: Maple bolt-on.
    Fingerboard: Rosewood, unlined.
    Scale: 34"
    Nut: Metal, height adjustable (similar to Warwick Just-a-Nut)
    Nut width: 1 - 5/8"
    Body: Ash
    Pickups: Two J-style F.G.I.
    Electronics: Aguilar OBP-1 (vol/vol/bass boost/treble boost), 18V
    Hardware: Gold
    Bridge allows E and B string to string through the bridge or the body.
    Strung with LaBella Tapewounds.

I really, really love this bass. The neck is smooth, thin and fast and the LaBella tapewounds just sing, in my opinion. But, not only do I have another bass on the way, but I'm also more comfortable on a lined fretless, so rather than have this sit around unused, off it goes to someone who will play it.

Overall it's in excellent condition, through there are some dings in the finish and a mark by the neck pickup where the original owner clearly anchored his thumb. I've upgraded the stock preamp to an Aguilar OBP-1 which I really think brought a lot of clarity and sweetness to the bass. The research I've done suggests that these were fairly pricy in their day, but I don't think the Fernandes name has aged well. It's a great bass though, with a nice, woody tone.

Asking $300.00 shipped to the lower 48 in the original hardshell case. PM or email me with questions or offers. Not taking trades currently. I'll take some better pictures tonight and post ASAP.

Thanks much,
    J.

2. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    ...a bump, along with a higher resolution picture showing the thumbnail indentation by the neck pickup.

3. fretlessrock

fretlessrock Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2002
    Corrupticut
    Sooooooooo nice. I'm not in the market for another 5er, but that is certainly schweet. Just about made me GAS myself!

Pete

4. Basierre

Basierre

Jan 10, 2005
    San Gabriel
    do you still have the fretless bass for sale? :bassist:

5. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    I sure do., and thank you to Pete for the enthusiasm and the free bump. It really is a nice piece and I'll be sorry to see it go.

Thanks,
    J.

6. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
  7. Nehemiah

Nehemiah

Feb 14, 2005
    I have a fernandes Tremor 4 Deluxe bass that has a neckthru body and emg pick ups....best bass I have ever played in my life....someone get on this bass, once you play a fernandes believe me you wont go to anything else...great basses

good luck selling that dude

8. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Bump...back up for sale.

J.

9. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    You got PM, J

10. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Still available.

Took some measurements:

Nut width: 1 5/8"
    Spacing at nut: 3/8"
    Spacing at bridge 5/8"

The nut is height-adjustable by means of two hex screws, similar to what Warwick uses I believe.

Thanks,
    J.

11. pooky

pooky

Sep 11, 2004
    check p m i want it have cash no problem details in p m pooky we could do ,this today thanks dave

12. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Sold!