Fernandes Gravity 5.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Anyone out there in bass land own one of these. I'm thinking of maybe buying one for a backup. It's a 34" scale, but the B kicks butt. One of the best B's I've ever heard. I think it comes stock with D'Addario Prisms.
  2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey there Marty, how're the sheep? :eek: ;)

I've got a good friend that uses the predecessor to the Gravity, the APB-5. He swears by it, won't use anything else onstage, and is feverishly searching for another for a backup. I've played it, and it does sound and play very well, not in the same league as my babies, but damn close. The string spacing is a wee bit tight for my taste, but I could get through a gig with one with little difficulty. If you can get a good deal price-wise on one, I'd say it's a good investment.

Keep workin' on your tumbaos and guanguancos, you krazy kiwi! :D
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Fernandes Gravity 5 has a good B string, but I cannot tolerate the tight string spacing.
  4. maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have the APB model four string and I love it. Almost bought the gravity five, but decided for a stingray 5 instead. Most because i already have the four string and figured it better to have a versitile sound. Go and buy the bass right away!!!
    I would if I could afford it.
  5. 0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    what is the string spacing on the gravity 5er?