Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fernandes Gravity 5.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Apr 3, 2001.

1. Anyone out there in bass land own one of these. I'm thinking of maybe buying one for a backup. It's a 34" scale, but the B kicks butt. One of the best B's I've ever heard. I think it comes stock with D'Addario Prisms.

2. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hey there Marty, how're the sheep? :eek: ;)

I've got a good friend that uses the predecessor to the Gravity, the APB-5. He swears by it, won't use anything else onstage, and is feverishly searching for another for a backup. I've played it, and it does sound and play very well, not in the same league as my babies, but damn close. The string spacing is a wee bit tight for my taste, but I could get through a gig with one with little difficulty. If you can get a good deal price-wise on one, I'd say it's a good investment.

Keep workin' on your tumbaos and guanguancos, you krazy kiwi! :D

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Fernandes Gravity 5 has a good B string, but I cannot tolerate the tight string spacing.

4. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    I have the APB model four string and I love it. Almost bought the gravity five, but decided for a stingray 5 instead. Most because i already have the four string and figured it better to have a versitile sound. Go and buy the bass right away!!!
    I would if I could afford it.

5. 0175westwood29

0175westwood29

Sep 16, 2007
    what is the string spacing on the gravity 5er?