SOLD Fernandes Masterhand MHB110 bass PRICE DROP

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by slugger, Apr 21, 2018.

1. slugger

slugger Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2011
    Price:
    Strings:
    001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 007.JPG 008.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG 013.JPG 017.JPG 018.JPG 019.JPG 020.JPG 021.JPG 022.JPG 023.JPG For your consideration,
    Here is an EXTREMELY rare Fernandes Master Hand MHB 110. It is all original and plays/sounds as good as it looks.
    Neck thru construction built by Japans finest luthiers of the era. Aside from the mildly tarnished hardware and a few 'usual' bumps and dings the bass is flawless with frets at 90% or more
    The electronics are based on the Alembics series 1. The sound is amazing. I have never had the opportunity to play an actual Alembic with series 1 electronics but from the recordings I've heard over the years, this bass does a good job of replicating that HiFi 70's sound.
    I do not have the splitter box that would have come with it, but the 1/4 jack runs in stereo and when used with the correct 'stereo to mono' cord (pictured, will sell with bass) can be used to play through any single channel amplifier.
    The neck is what I would consider 'slim' with a fast satin feel. Action is low and completely flat all the way up the neck. Plays like butter.
    I hate to sell this one but I just don't play it enough due to its rare and exceptional condition.

Not looking for any trades right now but you are welcome to PM me with offers.
    $1000 Shipped in G&L case pictured
    ...to lower 48 only
    CHEERS!

Attached Files:

• 025.JPG
      025.JPG
      File size:
      2.1 MB
      Views:
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2019
    feschyn, tommyr01, Maytrix and 3 others like this.
  2. slugger

Aug 1, 2011
    Case.

Attached Files:

• 030.JPG
      030.JPG
      File size:
      3 MB
      Views:
  3. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow

4. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Very cool, first one I've seen. Do you know what year it was built?

slugger likes this.
  5. slugger

Aug 1, 2011
    bdgotoh likes this.
  6. mb94952

mb94952 Endorsing Artist : SFARZO STRINGS Inactive Suspended Supporting Member

Wow, so cool. Looks like a Kawai FIIB control panel and Alembic Series pickups with the dummy ground in the middle.
    Gawd, I'd LOVE to lay my hands on this bass.
    Thinking of ways to make it work...

slugger likes this.
  7. punkpigpen

punkpigpen

Sep 20, 2014
    I never seen that one before! Its soo cool!!!
    While scrolling the thumbnails on the for sale page i saw yours and thought it was the Fernandes FAB-180. Which i have been on the hunt for a couple of years with zero luck. But this is gorgeous too. Hit me up if any of you have the FAB 180 , I got funds ready! :)

8. slugger

Aug 1, 2011
    Sorry, I don't have a FAB 180. This bass has the same electronics/pickups though. :) ...Along with the same level of craftsmanship.

9. Low Class

Low Class

Jul 4, 2005
    Gasaholic
    Found a video

mb94952 and slugger like this.
  10. slugger

Aug 1, 2011
    Thank you for posting that video. That is a video of the bass before Danny shipped it off to me. Danny is a phenomenal bassist, But I feel his style/technique doesn't let the bass ring out to give you a good idea of ALL the tonal possibilities with it. It REALLY is HUGE sounding. Entwistle HUGE.

11. slugger

Aug 1, 2011
    $1100 shipped!

12. slugger

Aug 1, 2011
    $1000 bump.