Fernandes P.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Marty Forrer, Mar 27, 2003.

1. I just scored a sweet deal on a Fernandes P bass that is the spitting image of an early 60s Fender. Reverse nickel long shaft tuners, nickel bridge with the "threaded" saddles, aged white finish and tortoiseshell guard, no allen keys needed here! The crunch was, I A/B'd it against two US Fender P's, and it blew them both outa the water!
    I took it home, did a full setup and installed some TI Flats, holy moly! This beasty not only plays like buttah, but sounds wicked.
    I've heard about these "lawsuit" Fernandes and Tokai basses, but this is the first one I've owned. I'll be keeping this one forever!
  2. geezer316

Jan 26, 2003
    is fernandes a parent company of tokai basses or vice versa ? i heard that the tokai puncher(p-bass)
    is a excellent japanese copy,how does it relate to fernandes?or where you just grouping the japanese copy era basses in general? i am quite interensted in the lawsuite model basses and this thread got my attention,i love the ibanez model aka westminster, they are vey comperable to the fenders and a alot cheaper:bassist: