1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fernandes Retrospect 4 Deluxe JP MIJ

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by zacinaction, Aug 26, 2017.

1. zacinaction

zacinaction Supporting Member

Jul 22, 2008
    Pittsburgh
    Price:
    $600
    Strings:
    This is a very high quality made-in-Japan bass with upgraded electronics. The bass originally had EMG pickups and EQ, but I found them a little sterile. I swapped them out for a Nordstrand NP4A and NJ4SE and an Audere 4 band preamp. I'll include the original electronics (along with the current Nordstrand/Audere setup) in the sale.

While this bass has a vintage look, it definitely tends toward a more bright/modern sound (killer slap tone). It sets up really low with no buzz and is in mint condition aside from one nick through the finish near the neck pocket (see last photo). These basses are really great for the price. Check out the video below for a review of the 5 string version.

I'm asking $600 shipped CONUS. I'm moving across the country and trying to downsize my gear collection, so not really looking for trades.

Fernandes-Full.jpg
    Fernandes-Back.jpg
    Fernandes-Body.jpg
    Fernandes-BodyBack.jpg
    Fernandes-Head.jpg
    Fernandes-Ding.jpg

Last edited: Aug 27, 2017
    isky likes this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Cool.

3. isky

isky Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2008
    Madison, WI
    This is an awesome bass. Super high quality and playability, VERY RARE in the US. Steal at this price.