1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Fernandes Retrospect 4 Deluxe MIJ - Nordstrand PU's/Audere

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by lesclaypoolsob, Oct 2, 2017.

1. lesclaypoolsob

lesclaypoolsob Supporting Member

Jul 5, 2006
    Price:
    $550
    Strings:
    I really adore this bass, but I just picked up another MIJ P-bass (Dragonfly) so this one must go! Please see the previous sale thread for more information and pictures - it is in the same condition as when I bought it. Excellent condition other than the small ding near the neck pocket (shown in the pictures below). $550 and we split shipping!

This is a very high quality made-in-Japan bass with upgraded electronics. The bass originally had EMG pickups and EQ, but the previous owner found them a little sterile. He swapped them out for a Nordstrand NP4A and NJ4SE and an Audere 4 band preamp. I'll include the original electronics (along with the current Nordstrand/Audere setup) in the sale. Killer combination...

Updated to reflect that I would not consider many trades at this point - I am looking to sell outright.

SOLD - Fernandes Retrospect 4 Deluxe JP MIJ

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    billhw13 likes this.
  2. lesclaypoolsob

Jul 5, 2006
    Fernandes-Back.jpg Fernandes-Body.jpg Fernandes-BodyBack.jpg Fernandes-Ding.jpg Fernandes-Head.jpg

PawleeP and bassguyky48 like this.
  3. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    How heavy? I live near Danville Ky!

4. lesclaypoolsob

Jul 5, 2006
    She's 7.6 lbs according to the bathroom scale.

bassguyky48 likes this.
  5. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I dig the components...This bass must me killer direct.

Cheers

bassguyky48 and lesclaypoolsob like this.
  6. lesclaypoolsob

Jul 5, 2006
    Temporary price drop...Merry Christmas!

7. bassguyky48

bassguyky48 Supporting Member

Oct 6, 2009
    Central KY./Danville
    How does this flatter neck radius
    Feel compared to fender's 9 1/2 --10 radius? It's looks like a great bass!

8. lesclaypoolsob

Jul 5, 2006
    To me, it just makes chording and playing in general easier BUT it is really a matter of personal preference. The strings will be more uniform in height with a flatter board. I do not notice much of a difference.

bassguyky48 likes this.
  9. lesclaypoolsob

Jul 5, 2006
    Local sale pending payment...

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020