Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fernandes/SWR/DeArmond for sale/trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Justyn, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Hi all...time to sell some stuff to pay for the stuff I want to buy, or, in this case, have already bought...you know how it is:)

1. Fernandes APB-100 Fretless 5

I love this bass. I do. Dearly. It's probably about ten years old and I hate to part with it, but I need to pay for my fretless 6 and I find I'm getting away from unlined fingerboards, so off it goes. Thin, fast neck, unlined rosewood fretboard. Two j-style pickups, active electonics with 2-band EQ. The E and B strings are through-body while everything else is top load. I find this gives excellent definition on the low B as well as the E while maintaining a comfortable 34" scale length. Comes with a case. Asking $400 OBO. Comes with original hard case.

2. SWR Bassic Black combo:

Pre-cursor to the Workingman's 15, but with a tube preamp section. 120 watts by itself or 160 with an extension cabinet. Simple, versatile tone-shaping in a 55lb. package. The carpet is a bit worn, but the speaker was recently reconed by SWR and all the electronics are in tip-top condition. Asking $300.

3. DeArmond Pilot Pro V:

If I were playing much fretted bass, I'd hold on to this, but it's just not seeing any use. 35" scale bolt-on five string fretted bass in transparent black finish with two active soapbars and 3-band EQ. These went for a steal when Fender discontinued the line, but they're still solid performers. $200 w/gig bag.

I'll have pictures soon, in the meantime, email or PM me with any and all questions, comments, offers, etc.

Thanks,
    j.

Will also trade any of these towards a good higher-end preamp, 1x10 8ohm enclosure or a Bag End S15.

2. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Here's the Fernandes:

3. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
  4. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002