1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Fernandes/SWR/DeArmond for sale/trade

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Justyn, Sep 10, 2003.

1. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Hi all...time to sell some stuff to pay for the stuff I want to buy, or, in this case, have already bought...you know how it is:)

1. Fernandes APB-100 Fretless 5

I love this bass. I do. Dearly. It's probably about ten years old and I hate to part with it, but I need to pay for my fretless 6 and I find I'm getting away from unlined fingerboards, so off it goes. Thin, fast neck, unlined rosewood fretboard. Two j-style pickups, active electonics with 2-band EQ. The E and B strings are through-body while everything else is top load. I find this gives excellent definition on the low B as well as the E while maintaining a comfortable 34" scale length. Comes with a case. Asking $400 OBO. Comes with original hard case.

2. SWR Bassic Black combo:

Pre-cursor to the Workingman's 15, but with a tube preamp section. 120 watts by itself or 160 with an extension cabinet. Simple, versatile tone-shaping in a 55lb. package. The carpet is a bit worn, but the speaker was recently reconed by SWR and all the electronics are in tip-top condition. Asking $300.

3. DeArmond Pilot Pro V:

If I were playing much fretted bass, I'd hold on to this, but it's just not seeing any use. 35" scale bolt-on five string fretted bass in transparent black finish with two active soapbars and 3-band EQ. These went for a steal when Fender discontinued the line, but they're still solid performers. $200 w/gig bag.

I'll have pictures soon, in the meantime, email or PM me with any and all questions, comments, offers, etc.

Thanks,
    j.

Will also trade any of these towards a good higher-end preamp, 1x10 8ohm enclosure or a Bag End S15.

2. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Here's the Fernandes:

3. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member

Jun 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    The DeArmond:

4. Justyn

Justyn Supporting Member