1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Fernandes Vintage P-bass Copy, Lawsuit Headstock, GZR Pickups NOW $485

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by tpaul, Apr 9, 2018.

1. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Price:
    Strings:
    NOW $485
    Late '70s Japanese "stone logo" Fernandes precision with an EMG GZR Pickup. The neck is amazing, almost a soft V or old-school deep Jazz neck. Finish is aged Oly White on an ash body, skunk-striped maple neck with some nice grain on the fretboard, 1.5" jazz bass nut width and weighs 9.4 pounds. Definitely a player’s bass, this has a tight neck pocket, excellent balance and plays great. As can be seen in the pics, there are two sticker shadows from the finish aging, but they don’t stand out all that much. The action is comfortable, and the Geezer pickups growl like they should. Comes with padded gig bag for the price, or for a bit more I can provide a hard case. Smoke-free, pet-free environment. This is basically like a '70s Precision with an "A" width neck.

I bought this from another TBer a year ago, and it's a great bass. Unfortunately expenses have been high lately and I need to do some herd thinning. The bass is exactly as it was when I bought it, so I'm reusing the same pictures (his photography skills are better than mine). It's been in my smoke-free house the entire time. The only thing different about the bass since these pictures were taken, is that the strings have been changed.

Asking $485 shipped CONUS with gig bag. Hard case available for a bit more.

fernandes. headstock. IMG_0279.JPG IMG_0280.JPG IMG_0281.JPG IMG_0283.JPG IMG_0284.JPG IMG_0285.JPG IMG_0287.JPG

Last edited: Apr 10, 2018
  2. OK Folks. So here's the deal... I live in the middle of nowhere and TPAUL probably lives closer to me than any other talkbasser. He haunts me with his postings. Here's another really cool looking bass he's listed at a reasonable price. Mrs. Boombloom discourages me from buying more basses from him. Help me out. Thanks.

tpaul likes this.
  3. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Hey man, how are you? Long time no see!

4. tpaul

tpaul Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Vermont
    Price drop to $485

alembicguy likes this.
  5. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I really dig this. Too bad I just bought something :(

6. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I really dig this. Too bad I just bought something :(

7. brainthmpngfast

brainthmpngfast

Mar 5, 2018
    Oregon
    I love this bass and am in the market for one like it, but I can't afford to spend any money at all right now. So I'll just cross my fingers and if noone buys this in whatever amount of time it takes me to get ahead of my expenses, I'll certainly buy it.