Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fernandes

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ODDBALL, Feb 15, 2006.

1. ODDBALL

ODDBALL Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    Has anybody tried one of these, Tremor 5 Deluxe?

2. ptidwell

ptidwell Commercial User

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Owner LoPHAT Cabinets
    OddBall,

I have tried a tremor, but I have a APB-5 that is a 90's model
    jazz, great feel, I did however swap out the pu's and the pre.
    was not bad, however i was looking for a different tone so i opted for the EMG P5J pickups and the BTS preamp. This bass stays in my regular rotation at a gig. The Tremor I hear is a very good bass. If you have the opportunity to get your hands on it try it for yourself. My ABT is of excellent quality. It was crafted in Japan and listed for $1499.00 so it is not a low-end bass. The Tremor Deluxe 5 is moderately priced around $999.00 or so.
    IMO Fernandes is not junk but that is simply MO.
    [​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

3. I'm pretty sure Tony Campos(sic) of Static X plays a Tremor 5.. Seen them in concert mid-December.. absolutely amazing B string, very low, was able to shake the HoB, and cut through both guitarists at all times!

-ryan-

4. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    I have seen Static-X 3 times and you are right that bass really hits those lows very well :eek: . Also I talked to Fernandes yesterday They said Tonys bass is custom shop, because his bass is oil finished.

5. Is the only thing 'custom' about his bass the finish? I just wan to add, Tony is one hell of a guy, he came out to sign autographs after my friends and I egged him on enough through the backstage door.. with a hoodie over his head, he looks like Tank Abbott! lol. :eek:

-ryan-

6. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
    He does look like Tank Abbott when he wears a hood.:D When I called yesterday to Fernandes, They said they use to sell a oil finish a couple of years ago but not any more. I went to static-x web site and it says he uses the Tremor 5 Deluxe with Emg 35 humbucks, which comes standard with the Deluxe. I have always wanted one but I cant find a place to try one out. I think I will just buy it and get it over with. (Bad Gas:( )

7. ODDBALL

Mar 2, 2005
    Salida, CA
  8. Yeah, that bass is definately a solid piece of work, and gets the job done well! :D

-ryan-

9. maxoges

maxoges

Aug 23, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Here is mine :)
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

I switched the pickups to active EQ Semore Duncans (eight years ago).