Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Mar 31, 2004.

1. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    [​IMG]

What a beautiful car! This is my favorite front engined Ferrari in quite a while, though the 456GT is great too. Didn't care much for the 550.

What does everyone here think of it?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Well, I guess, like the Enzo, it's hard to beat for the "babe" factor. :D

For me, it's Lamborghini............even though you can't really drive any of these things decently in the US without an entire State Trooper station on your ass.

3. Most Ferrari's are so beatiful and tastefully done. I love them. I dont like the Enzo, that would be the last one I would buy. The Challenge Stradalle is sweet too.

4. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I see an elegance in a Porsche or Ferrari that I don't see in a Lamborghini. That's what holds me back from loving them.

The Enzo isn't my favorite Ferrari. I really like the 355- that'd be a nice used car to have 20 years down the line.

They've been hit or foul ball (could a Ferrari possibly be a miss?) with me in the past 15 years. Loved the Testarossa and it's derivatives, loved the 456, loved the 355, didn't like the F50 much, didn't like the 550 as much, et cetera.

5. PunkerTrav

PunkerTrav

Jul 18, 2001
    Canada & USA
    Much nicer than the 456 Gt, IMO. Should be a winner. can't argue with mroe displacement.

6. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    [​IMG]

You knows it, clart! ;)

This is a real man's car, no 'elegance' here :D

7. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    [​IMG]

Ummm.. It's not a Ferrari but it's close

The new Maserati MC12. Anyone want to loan me $700,000?

8. Toasted

Toasted

May 26, 2003
    Leeds, UK
    This is a real car

[​IMG]

9. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    And possibly the best looking new American car.

[​IMG]

10. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    my favorite car is a lambo...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

looks pretty elegant to me ;) :D i can understand where you're coming from, though. some lambos are a bit angular.

11. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Looks like a jelly bean with headlights.

12. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    It really speaks volumes about the US car industries designs that the best looking "new" American Car is one that was designed in the 60's :D

13. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    The Miura is the exception (along with the early GT series). Look at the Espada, the Jarama, the Jalpa, the Moo 2 (LM002), the Countach, the Diablo, and the Murcielago. All have very angular styling, and that's not too appealing to my eye.

That said, the Miura is a beautiful car.

Does anyone remember the Bugatti EB110 (I think) and any of the other supercars of the early-mid 90's? There were a few- the Jaguar XJ220, the Bugatti EB110, the McLaren F1 (my favorite of them), the Ferrari F50 (later), and many by very obscure manufacturers. There was an Auto Week about these cars fading out a long time ago (8 years ago, probably), and there were some absolutely stunning cars in there.

That said, I think Pininfarina does the best body styling ever.

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    The 60's had some of the best looking cars, imo. Take a look at the 65 Impala and the 68 Chevelle for starters.

Imo the last decent looking car that was made was the Buick Grand National.

Most new cars look the same to me, and have the personality of an unflushed toilet. Too many electro-whizbang options, too much plastic, and too much money.

15. I agree with John's choice - I think the Miura to be one of the prettiest cars ever made…

but I thought this was about Ferraris…

- Wil

16. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000
    TX

Go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer, go Speed Racer goooooooooo!!!

:D:D

Granted--not quite as pointy. Paint 'er white and we're off :D

17. Very nice but we'll have to see the real thing. The 456 looks much better in person than photos.

I think the most beautiful Ferraris were the P3 and 250GTO. I had a 328 GTS black tan and that was a wonderful car: gorgeous and so much fun to drive. The Lambo Miura may be the most sexy elegant sports car sheet metal created.

18. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    [​IMG]

And now for real car:]

1988 bmw 535i (e28)
    Turbo
    tri-flo performance exhaust
    Performance intake manfold
    chip it
    3.63 diff LSD!
    etc etc
    slightly lowered (not by much) but stiffer suspention
    shortshifter
    etc etc etc

should give me 3xx+ hp
    estimate 4.5sec 0-60
    /edit! (sorry for misscomunication:] this is not my but what will be my soon enough and upgrades are my plans for it:] /edit
    he he he sooooon it will be my

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:hyper: :hyper: