1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Ferrari 612 Scaglietti

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Eric Cioe, Mar 31, 2004.

1. kserg, is that your E28? Most impressive, but please, unless it says "BMW M Power" on the engine, take the ///M badges off, ... even though you'll be able to blow a stock E28 M5 out of the water... it's a matter or principal :) No bad blood intended, I'm just a BMW purist...

On another note, the 456 is my favourite Ferrari of recent years, but I'm quite happy with my Saab 9000 Aero - faster than a '92 512TR from 50-75mph :D

--jeff

2. Passinwind

Passinwind I know nothing. Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    It really speaks volumes about the US car industries designs that the best looking "new" American Car is one that was designed in the 60's

And largely designed and built by Brits; in England, no less, at least in terms of the bodywork.

3. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    No its not... thats m5 in europe... sorry to be not clear but it says "soon to come" i almost made a deal to simular car last week but my old car got towed away and on friday i will pay around 700$ to get that junk back... so no e28 for me:(
    very pissed about it too... car was waiting charoty to pick it up and ahol...HDdxusihjdsgaoisd; cop towed it away for being parked next to my house for more then 72 hours... ended up 700$ bill... ruined my plans for e28 (white... 3500$ with 110k mi on it best condition i've seen one around) and new amp..

plan was getting 535i stock and then over a period of 1 year upgrading it to be monster...

Ya... i am not a ricer and there will be no m5 badges on my 535i but that is real m5:]

4. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The coolest Ferrari: The F-40.
    I saw one at the Detroit Auto show when it came out in '90-91. I laughed at the crowd reaction to the lack of a radio, interior door panels, or any kind of "finishing". Just two seats, a tac, a stick, a wheel, and some dials. It was beautiful all for $500,000.

5. Eric Cioe

Eric Cioe

Jun 4, 2001
    Missoula, MT
    I much prefer its precursor, the 288GTO. Absolutely stunning car- looked like a 308 series, but somehow managed to look much more muscular.

6. DEFELDUS

DEFELDUS

Jun 1, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    its all about Porsche mang!

7. Looked like european plates - I figured you were bringing over something foreign and exotic :)

$700!? That's insane!

I really like E28s, though aesthetically I have to say I'm partial to E24 :) Particularly the ones that have the engine that says "BMW M Power" on them :)

An M6 and an 850CSi are my two dream cars.

Good luck on the continuing E28 hunt - make sure those valves have been adjusted regularly... the M30 "Big Six" is bulletproof provided it has had simple maintenance done to the valvegear on a regular basis.

--jeff

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    No but I am going to get the bumper from Europe… I don’t care much about looks but omg.. US bumpers look like something from 60's no good… they are huge… its kinda cool because you can go road kill hunting with a car but eh

And yes its complete bull, especially because every time I need cops they don’t do anything and tell you that they wont do anything yet he had time for this

New m6 or older?
    I dono what to make of new m6 its interesting:p

Ya, when I buy cars I take them to shop I used to work in and still very good terms with owner… fix their stuff all the time:p so I check it good… no time limit:p thanks for advice though:]

9. barta.

All the cars in this thread are owned by this car. A better looking car than the volvo station wagon has yet to be made.

10. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Forget volvo:]
    t90.

Now that is what you need! :p

11. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Mercedes McClaren SLR. 626 hp. 207 mph. $414,000.

[​IMG]

12. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Here is my current automobile G.A.S.

13. Tom Crofts

Tom Crofts

Mar 15, 2001
    What's the difference? :D

14. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Since we're off topic anyway, I'll take one of these.

15. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Well, the Camaro concept has possibilites. Hopefully, if they do build it they will give it some sort of killer powertrain (all aluminum smallblock, maybe?), and leave the leather interiors and cupholders out. It should be a hotrod, not an Escalade.

Malthumb.......hint, hint. ;)

Heres another shot that looks like it has the retro RS package.

Larry, PM me sometime and let me know how your Camaro is coming

16. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    NO F*%$@n question at all!

17. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

Looks like a 1983 Volvo 245. The ultimate skate or band transport vehilcle.

18. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Lotus Elise: The possible dream...

[​IMG]

Maybe in a couple of years, if the fact that I'm not saving enough for retirement still hasn't sunken in at that point.

:meh:

19. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Man, if they look like that orange one I posted I'll sacrifice, well, something really important to get one! I'd like to see it rolling with the LS6 motor, a true dual exhaust, 6 speed manual, humongous disc brakes and independent rear, and no cupholders. Me, I'll take the heated leather seats, thank you!

I guess that's too much to hope for. If Chevrolet's mile-long record of bad decisions with the F-body (4 cylinder Camaros? come on!) is any indication, we'll be lucky to even see it.

I will PM you later............ :cool:

20. Man if that isn't the fugliest car I have ever seen I dunno what is. hahaha