Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fiberglass bridge

Discussion in 'Setup & Repair [DB]' started by humdinger, Aug 30, 2003.

1. humdinger

humdinger

Jun 12, 2001
    Parkersburg Wv
    Just a newbie askin a few questions.I was lookin for some info on a moses fiberglass bridge.1. Do they make a real difference in sustain and volume?2. Are they worth the $$ ?3. Has anyone ever used on if so do you like it?

I do alot of outdoor gigs,and sometimes need the volume, you all know how banjo players are.Im also going to be macho and order a set of spiro starks( ouch )

2. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    The Moses bridge is graphite. I have one here that I auditioned on my Juzek; it's still virgin as I didn't cut the legs but used other ones on the adjusters I already had. I'm a Moses dealer.

I noted some increased sustain but also a slightly brighter and more distinct sound. It is no longer on my Juzek and is available for sale if you are interested, contact me off-board. My bass didn't need the contributions it made, and I'm looking forward to trying that new adjustable bridge on the Juzek.

3. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

You won't be disappointed. Like you, I'm also a lumberjack, and I'm OK. But don't think that the "ouch" part is just a joke...at least not at first. :)

4. Now I'm curious, guys... whats the scoop on these composite bridges? How do they work for arco playing? Cost?

5. Chris Fitzpython:

When you're not playing bass do you chop down trees, wear high heels, suspendies and ...

...uh, never mind, forget I asked...

6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    ...a BRAR? Not really, but it's a great song anyway...