Fieldy...aka the most annoying bassist ever

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by heath_the_great, Mar 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Does anyone agree with me when i say fieldy is an annoying prick?

i was chattin to my mates and they said that Fieldy was more innovative and inspirational than FLEA and LES CLAYPOOL and TIM COMMERFORD......

i really find him annoying...his sound just pisses me click click click...also the poses he pulls....whatta wanka...
  2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    This has been covered a million times.
    Do a search and see how many closed threads you can find on it.
  3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

4. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

..if you're a smurf, presumably!! ;)
  5. i also dislike bass plaers who play a p-bass with a pick
  6. Pöl

May 31, 2003
    Well, I dislike 18 year old, narrowminded people who think they need to put others down to make themselves come out as better players.

Pollock didn't use paint and canvas the conventional way, but started a whole new revolution in modern day painting.

Painting is an art, music is an art. Open your mind.

Korn and Fieldy aren't quite my cup of tea, but at least they deserve respect as an artist.
    Same thing goes for people who play p-bass with a pick.
  7. first of 17 and im not making myself out to be better than fieldy or p-bass pick just saying that playing a p-bass with a pick is a bit sterotypical....i just think that p-basses are tonally challenged and are only good for rock and punk....and i am open many 17yo's can do you know that listen to charles mingus, frank sinatra, bach, rhcp, primus, tool, joe satriani, meshell ndegeochello, dean martin, diana krall, led zeppelin, jaco, weather report, u2, parliament, funkadelic, bootsy collins, Vince Guaraldi or chick corea...

im just stating my opinion that fieldy is a wanka and that the p-bass is a toneless waste of money....and jaco can be wrong about that
  8. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Yeah well, I hate people who play Warwicks with a shoe...
  9. all ive gotta say now is ppl who play kubicki's, musicman, and warwicks pizzacato RULE
  10. Mojo-Man

Mojo-Man Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2003
    To each his own.
    But P-basses rule.
    Jamerson, Dunn, Sklar,
    Porter, Rainey, Sting,
    Prestia, Gluab, Franklin,
    Can't be wrong.
  11. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    using a shoe on my Vette gives it the best tone.

And don't hate on the Pbass. A huge amount of great music has been recorded on them. Open your mind grasshopper.
  12. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    i dont think playing a certain instrument makes people rule.

Instruments need someone to play them to function and do not make people "rule" just for playing them.

Pizzicato; isn't that a DB term.
  13. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    prolly most of us here! welcome to the world of well versed bass players. not so out of the ordinary for any musican to listen and respect the above bands. your just a regular 17 yr old who enjoys muic other than top 40. at your age we all strived to be different/unique, but in this forum I think it would be different and unique if you where to rip some Bach or Jaco on a pbass with a pick, then you'd have my respect.
  14. well last year for my HSC (Higher Schools Cert) final music exam i played 4 pieces....2 solo and 2 group

in order
    1. Easily - RHCP
    2. Higher Ground - RHCP
    3. The Awakening - Les Claypool
    and of course
    4. Portrait Of Tracy - Jaco

And the way its marked is 70% Performance - 30% theory/Sitten exam and i scored 89%
    i just think that there are better basses (tonally) than the P-bass, i respect its part in Bass history i just think that its time to move over for better basses, such as the kubicki's and musicman and sasdowsky's
  15. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    pretty expensive basses for a 17 year old. Wish i had your kind of bank to be able to afford a sadowsky or a kubicki. I am only eighteen and i could not afford one of those till i graduated from college.

whatever floats your boat man, if you don't like Pbasses my recomendation to you would be to not play Pbasses and not belittle the instrument because you dont like it.
  16. i own a kubicki and a sadowsky is soon to come....but my point is why pay $3500aus for an american series p-bass which to me is tonally useless when i paid $2000aus for my kubicki exfactor which was stu hamms....the kubickis are more tonally versatile and more comfortable to play than a p-bass....why pay that much to play something that is not good to do some slap or tap on when i paid almost half that for something which can do basically anything?

its just rediculous that fender can charge that much for something for something that is only good for two styles of music IMO...

as ive said im only speaking my taking my own way and not following trends or fashions...of course the kubicki's were trendy in the late 80's but no-one play's them now...they are the best sounding basses ive played and no-one plays makes no its all about fasion not what sounds good...i wish some people would wake up to themselves....
    im not directing this to anyone im just speaking my mind....bass/music is my religeon and i just want to be heard
  17. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
  18. Yeah, i'm trying to give up playing bass with a rubber thong!!! Baby steps...... baby steps.... :)
  19. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Okay - maybe your right. I'd prefer a Musicman, but really which ever you want to buy me will be fine. If you're not buying, then I guess I'll keep playing my (fake) P-bass and dreaming of the day that I can afford a real MIM P-bass.

I don't like condescending arrogant little rich kids, regardless of what type of bass they play or what technique they use.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.