Fieldy - an album?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Oliphaunt, Sep 30, 2002.

1. Terrible. An abomination to mankind

12 vote(s)
  2. Loved it!

1 vote(s)
  3. Never heard it.

17 vote(s)
  4. Carrots is much better

16 vote(s)
  1. Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    Maybe you guys already knew, but this really shocked me - leafing through my BMG notebook, I realized that, to my horror, Fieldy, noted as one of the worst bassists around, had an album! Not only that, but he has also taken to rapping :rolleyes:

Anyway, what do you guys think about it
  2. i think that your sig is far too big.
  3. so much better. thank you.

now, about the fieldy album: it is absolutely terrible. this thread probably belongs in recordings, btw.
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Nope, still to big. and i think alot of things, like if aleins come down will they think that all these billboards and signs are like, Idols? and like, sacred poles to worship the unknown gods of "McDonalds" and "Popeye's"???
  5. Never heard it, but I can tell you right now that carrots are going to be far superior.

Rock on
  6. ARA punk

ARA punk

Jul 11, 2001
    USA, Shelby, NC
    My friend played it for me... i died.
  7. Did you get better?
  8. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
  9. DanGouge

May 25, 2000
    Thank goodness, who would we push around if Fieldy actually made decent music?;)
  10. "Fieldy's Solo Album is a Terrible Thing To Taste"

11. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay

Anyone who can tell me what this is from gets a date with me.....

or a cookie.

"She turned me into a newt!

I got better!"

PS: Carrots are definetly better than Fieldy's album. I hate when celebrities get to do all this special recording that they otherwise wouldnt get to do if they werent famous. There are alot of guys out there with more tallent that couldve put the record company's mony to good use.
  12. Lots of people have seen Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Nick.
  13. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Dave, that's a thing of beauty. I think we should make a billboard out of that and put it up outside of Bass Central or Bass NW. ;)

:cue cricket noises and owls:
  14. you know.. you guys are pathetic..

Ok, i don't like fieldy's music either, but there's a big difference between disliking and flaming.

You guys are constantly disrespecting him. Leave one and another in his/her own value, and respect his/her choices. If he wants to play the bass like he does, let him.

How would YOU feel if you constantly get flamed over the style of music / playing you prefer ?

you guys sound like jealous little kiddies. bah

15. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
    Even so, you have to admit that Dave´s picture is damn funny :D
  16. Oliphaunt

May 30, 2002
    A work of art, Dave.
  17. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
  18. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

I guess you mean "Rock n' Roll Gangster"?

Personally, I don't blame the guy because he just made something that people are stupid enough to buy.

Personally, I wouldn't do it because I grew up back when knowing how to play an instrument well was required to get into the biz.

But I think he knows fame is short-lived today and he's just maxing the money he can make while he gets his "15 minutes in the sun" before people realize how insipid most rap and hip-hop is. He knows he isn't going to make it as a "real artist" who will endure over the years. So, I think he's just cashing in on the sad state of corporate music.

There are lots of whores in the arts and he's far from the worst, IMO. At least his album has actual notes played on actual instruments, mostly by him.
    That's beats the hell out of all the potty-mouth imbeciles running around in Nike warm-ups with mics and their baboons with a couple of turntables.

Moreover, he has been a big influence on many bass players we'll see in the future.