Fieldy of KoRn--What do you think of his playing style?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by blinkbass225, Jan 12, 2001.

1. Fieldy was an early influence on me and is the person who made me decide to play the bass guitar over the electric guitar. Slappin' that bass really sounds cool. I also like how he plays it "upright" at times. And for his two best songs....2 words. Clown and Daddy.
  2. Lowend4s

Jan 2, 2001
    I am jealous of les, I am jealous of flea, but the stuff that Fieldy does, does not impress me.

the album issues has really great basslines....he has really improved!

all in all he is alright, people give him too much ****
  3. i weep for the future.
  4. shut up.
  5. Yertle The Turtle

Yertle The Turtle

Nov 15, 2000
    I feel your pain
  6. lump

Jan 17, 2000
    St. Neots, UK

You might want to search the forum for "Fieldy." You'll find that he isn't too popular here with the over-14 crowd.

Or with bassists.
  7. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Precision/Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I appreiate anyone who does anything musically in new, original or unique way and fieldy may not be many things a traditional bass player among them but he is unargueably unique (as is my spelling:p). Just my 2 cents:rolleyes:.
  8. ka-tet

May 2, 2000
    I don't find Fieldy unique. There's several other bass players out there who play sloppy, crappy, don't know anything about music, music.
  9. I'll oi to that, dancehallclasher.
  10. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    I feel kinda bad about breaking down hero-worship in younger players, but this is a public service...

Fieldy is a waste of oxygen....
  11. Lance Jaegan

Lance Jaegan

Dec 23, 2000
    Postulate: Fieldy = crap.
    Listening to Korn "music" is just sickening.
  12. hey blinky, i was expressing my opinion, just as you expressed yours. i'll say whatever i please, and i won't tell anybody to shut up, because if i have respect for nothing else (and i probably don't), it's freedom of speech. anyway, i'm doing you a favor in criticizing you for your choice of role models here, in that perhaps it will prevent you from being laughed at by exuding the same sort of thickness later in life.

by the way, that "shut up" comment was curt, blunt, to the point. probably the punkest thing you've done here, after touting the likes of mark hoppus and fieldy. there may be hope for you yet, little grasshopper. although if you said that to my face i probably would have given you a bloody lip.

have a beautiful day.
  13. slapper3

Jan 13, 2001
    if I wanted to detune my guitr so low on a 5 that all i hear is little clicks when I slap it I would play Korn, if I wanted to play somethin good I woulded play 311.
  14. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I will not insult Fieldy, but I will say that he does not impress me in the least.

There are a couple of OK Korn songs, though.
  15. odie

odie Supporting Member

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    This is going to hurt some of you, but it has to be said. Fieldy does not even play on Korn's albums. Carol Kaye is the hired gun. Ask her.
  17. is that a fact or is she trying to claim credit like she did with jamersons bass lines?
    i really hope that is true.
  18. ryan999

Jan 14, 2001
    i had a lot of influences that made me play bass instead of electric, and it definately wasnt korn, cus i dont like them, cheap mtv bastards. no, but the main reason i bought a bass and satrted playing is becuase i lvoe the sound of a bass, guitar lines dotn imrpess me for ****, and i really dont care, but once i hear some kickass bass solo, my eyes glow in interest.
  19. BassFreak100

Jan 15, 2001
    Is it true that Fieldy dosn't actually play the bass on the albums? I would really like to know