Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fieldy Releases Solo Album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by basstastic, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Heard a few tracks. Appalling, for those of you metalheads who heard Wes Borland's (ex Limp Bizkit) project Big Dumb Face and though that was bad then this is worse. Just plain rubbish, "Fieldy's Dreams" will be littering record stores soon but should be polluting the airwaves cos its cack. Im in shock, anyone else heard any of it?
    sim

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    A friend of mine, Preston Crump, was asked to ghost on the album. He refused.

3. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    I heard it and I could not stop laughing!! Seriously, I am not a Fieldy basher by any means, but this is sooo bad. His work with Korn is at least original, this "Fieldy's Dreams'" is utter crap!!

4. jblake

jblake

Aug 30, 2001
    Gray, ME
    I saw the title of this thread and thought "This must be a joke." How unfortunate that it isn't....

5. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    Wonder if there are ghosts on the Korn albums too? :p

6. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    It think that it's a damn shame that a man can make the cover of BP, but can't play ALL of the basslines on his own damn album! That alone has to speak volumes about BP!

7. Fieldy is overrated, IMHO. Bad sound, bad form, bad playing. Blah. :p

8. E.O.M.

E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    Did you just hear these on CDnow? Or Korn's website? I want to hear too!

9. AAAAAaaaah hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

...hahahahahahah....ha....ha.ha.....

...just my two cents,

-'rice

10. What does it mean to "Ghost"?

11. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    I think it´s when you play on a cd but you aren´t listed as a player or something like that.

12. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    It means to hire someone else to play the music, but the artist gets the credit for playing it.

13. mark beem

mark beem Gold Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    New Hope, Alabama
    That's why I didn't renew my subscription. They've really became a "Flavor of the Month" rag.

14. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
  15. ButtBass

ButtBass

Nov 14, 2001
    The only word that comes to mind is.. Wow.

16. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: that is the WORST piece of utter **** that I have ever heard.

17. Worse than Big Dumb Face you say? Wow....that takes some doing. Definitely one to avoid then. Not that I was going to buy it anyway.

18. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    He should've named that song, "I wanna be an Eminem clone, too."
    That's horrible, but it still might move some units.

19. Well at least now you can hear the notes he's "playing" instead of click click clack. Heh. Knowing Fieldy that was prolly a synth. After listening to that one question comes to mind: "So why can't I get a record deal?" :D

20. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Think about it: Yes, my man refused to ghost on the album, but I'm sure he wasn't the ONLY one that was asked. It may not be Fieldy playing the notes that you can finally hear.