Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fieldy Rocks!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Canadianbassman, Mar 20, 2001.

1. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    :rolleyes:

What were people saying about totally useless threads now?

2. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Hmn...can you say, "Useless?"

3. BassDude24

BassDude24

Sep 12, 2000
    I clicked on the thread thinking "what the hell" now I see

4. i read the name of the user who started it, and already figured out what it was going to say before it was done downloading

5. Canadianbassman

Canadianbassman Guest

Jan 20, 2001
    guy's lightin' up...this is the humor section of talkbass.

i don't wanna start anything here by saying this, but some of you guys are so uptight.

6. if I may reply, and yes I can. I don't know if people are uptight. maybe I am uptight. I do know that in the last couple of months the off-topic and misc. sections have become almost like Spamming grounds. every day that I connect to talkbass the off topics out weigh the general, good info that was posted before, the amount of garbage that is posted on talkbass these days is over whelming. every day you can find a couple dozen of useless threads.

you ask us to lighten up well how about you lighten up on your amount of unneeded threads.

7. True this is the humor section, the problem is you're not funny.

8. ha, burn. yeah i'm very light hearted, i just didnt find this funny. i'm sure the fieldy fans dont enjoy it either.

9. umm, did i miss something?
    i didn't feel smacked.
    hmm i must have guessed after reading all of the thread that chaoslord was talking to CanadianBassMan.

10. If there was any smacking by my hand (which I intended there to be :D) then it was indeed directed at CandianBassMan.

11. thanks CL, funny what happens when people don't read well. :(

i am not 100% sure what a "smack" is or the need for it, maybe it is a age group thing. but let me give it a try.

hey lowfreqB, funny how you speak for Japan like you are their ambassador or something, its funny.
    Japan the country that is the leading maker of photography equipment but yet the photos on your web page look like they were taking by Stevie Wonder.

How’s that, is that good? :D
    p.s. you spell it Japanese, only one P and you missed an A.

12. I actually chuckled when I read the post.;)

And really, at the most, it was a useless post. All of your replies have since made it into a useless thread.

BTW, if there are any Fieldy fans out there, I'm sure they must be use to any negative comments by now. There has been an enormous amount of Fieldy bashing elsewhere on TB.

13. LowfreqB

LowfreqB

Nov 10, 2000
    United States
    I like a little flame once in awhile, there are some forums where groups of friends engage in it like sport. Only afterwards everyone has a beer and are still friends. I understand that I have no close friends on T.B. and so from now on I'll live name calling and rude behavior out of my posts. I deleted my original post and rebuttals. Have nice day

and korn rules.

14. come on man you didn't have to go that far, kind of hard to sit back, laugh, and have the virtual beer on talkbass.

as far as having no freinds here, well your right. :D
    can't expect to win over the world with 46 posts.
    :)

15. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Generally, jokes have a punch line, CBM.

I repeat my original sentiments.

16. mullet_head_81

mullet_head_81

Jan 27, 2001
    okie-homa
    :eek:

His attempt on humor, Tactful? yes. Humorless? of course. Utterly Offending to Korn fans? you better believe it...but one man dares to defy convention and popular standards, one man challenges the world...this man is *CANADIANBASSMAN*

17. Canadianbassman

Canadianbassman Guest

Jan 20, 2001
    i try to be funny...but i'm not...

18. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Some people just dont have the gift.

Tip for the future; jokes usually serve some purpose. And whether they are funny or not, people can usually tell they are a joke (as opposed to a REALLY pointless statement).

Your thread would be a better reply to someone who says "FIELDY ROCKS" than to make a whole (pointless) thread about it.