Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Breed Outshined, Mar 27, 2001.

1. Ok, this may be my first post, i just have to say a few things. I will be here for a while. Also, it is fun to percussive slab alot. In my band I don't do that all the time, I usually finger-play or use a pick, or a finger-thumb pick combination. But when I can i can slap just muted notes really really fast and it sounds cool with my friend on guitar going really fast just hitting drop-c powerchords about, 240 a min, but for about 30 seconds. So, don't **** on fieldy for doing what he does. When he plays I ca actually hear the notes he plays, ok they are hitten behind alot of fret-buzz but I can hear it. And when he plays finger-style (rare) it sounds very good.
  2. I also forgot, I also tap on my basses (sometimes slow, rarely fast).
  3. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    ah, this is under "bass humor"... i get it! haha!

well, now for real: i can understand some of you arguments, even though i don't agree with you.
    but why "defend" fieldy when noone has said something against him...
    don't you think there have been enough of these "fieldy is good/no he is bad" threads?

i ignore any threads/remarks/etc. about him, because that's not something worth discussing (IMHO).
  4. that's nice, B.O.
    thanks fer tellin' us.
  5. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    bla bla bla Feildy bla bla bla.

Enough about this percussionist in a bass forum!!!!
  6. Put this thread in DB? Hey you were gonna do it to me!!
  7. bassics

Nov 27, 2000
    Newark, Ohio
    Try to keep in mind that while all of you are having your great debate about whether or not Fieldy sucks, He is laughing his ass off all the way to the bank. Whether or not you call it "talent" his "sound" works for the band. In music you can go one of two way, you can be the best you can be technically, and have a handfull of "enlightend"
    fans, who think your great, or, you can be just good enough to support the rest of the band, and make lots of money. Who do you think has the bigger bankroll, Vic Wooten, or the bassist for AC/DC?!
  8. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I'm guessing the guy from AC/DC.
  9. *ToNeS*

Jan 12, 2001
    Sydney AU
    let's face it people, the issue of Fieldy and his banjo (a drum with strings .. geddit ? geddit ?!) is _never_ going to go away. think of it as the weather - something us talkbassers fall back on when all our other topics have been exhausted ;)

10. HAHA! dude after i read your post i nearly spit my drink all over my computer screen.
  11. BaroqueBass

Jul 8, 2000
    Salem, OR
    you're all just jealous of his skillllzzzzz.
  12. Bad Ass Bass

Bad Ass Bass Banned User

Jul 18, 2000
    I'M BACK!!!

dude my best advice is to not talk about fieldy.cause your gonna just get a bunch of comments from all the "GREAT" bass players here.if you want i can get it deleted for you. (some of you will understand that)
  13. christoph h.

christoph h.

Mar 26, 2001
    *shrug* yeah, fieldy... hm... yes, a your wife made it? ... interesting, yes... ah, no i don't... ahem...
    well, perhaps tomorrow? ... i see ... aha ...