Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fieldy

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Pharmecopia, Sep 2, 2002.

1. No

47 vote(s)
    62.7%
  2. Yes

28 vote(s)
    37.3%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    okay, dunno if this has been talked about but, hell. why does everyone think fieldy (korn) is so talented? IMO, hes not the great. he does his job, but no more. im not a fan of korn, so maybe im missing something. im also not a fan of ibanez basses. as a friend of mine once said, "you know what expierenced bass players use ibanez basses for? fire wood :D"

2. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I just wanted to get on this before it gets closed. You know I actually tried the Ibanez I purchased because of an article with Fieldy. Granted I bought it becuase it played well. Now he was going off about how he never practiced and only played when they were going to record or write new material. I don't agree with any off that. But you have to admit that the guy is doing something he likes to do and apparently someone is buying his records and keeping him employed.

3. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    im not saying he sucks, but when people talk about him theyre like : "oh my god, fieldy. the bass god!" and they like worship the fella.

4. Spam2mapS

Spam2mapS

Jun 26, 2002
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Now taking bets on how long before this gets closed...

5. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    The guy has definitely got some kinda god complex when he does interviews. I don't really care for "sheep" i.e. the mindless kids who idolize him.
    Now Les Claypool is a cool MuthaF__ka. Why can't more kids like me idolize him?

6. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I'm thinking 2 pages before it gets erased.

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    My vote's four more posts or under.

8. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    No, No we are all being civilized. i figure if no one starts going nuts. But i predict 2 pages and it may get ugly.

Now moderators I have a request: Will you let us know somehow (maybe pm or maybe another thread;) ) with how long this lasted? Thanks a bunch.

9. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    just close the dang thing already, lol

10. lneal

lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    Say.......????

11. Die thread, die!

And yes, Fieldy does suck.

12. Pharmecopia

Pharmecopia

Jul 31, 2002
    lol

13. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

IMO, Fieldy is simultaneously the most overrated and underrated bassist on the planet: loved and hated with a passion. Check the archives, you'll see. ;)

14. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    Why would you start a thread like this? Is there really something wrong with you?

15. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    I don't think there has been a good fieldy bashing in a couple months. Let er rip:D !!

16. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    is fieldy talented? yes. he's very tight with their drummer. i've heard crappy imitations of fieldy, like the wingding in coal chamber, i'm sorry, but she sucks, but fieldy himself is very tight and has strong time.

sorry to bust everyone's fieldy-hating bubble, but he does have some ability.

17. fadlan bassman

fadlan bassman

Oct 23, 2001
    Austin,Tx
    JT is that your kid (pinhead) i have a 2yr old. that is the coolest avatar.

18. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    :rolleyes: i know a few folks, including some fellow talkbassers who happen to play for a living, who gig or have gigged with some of the better ibanezes. guys who have been playing pro longer than your friend has probably been alive.

free your mind.

19. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I feel the same way about him that I feel for Gene Simmons. He's good for his band. I too, have to admit, he does keep decent time with his drummer. I wouldn't look for an instructional video from him anytime soon, though. :D

20. john turner

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga

thanks, that's actually my baby pic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.