Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Fieldy's "crib"

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Jan 6, 2002.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    On MTV Cribs where they show celebrities and muisicians houses,and a few minutes ago i saw Fieldy's house.It was nice,but on one part I couldn't help but laugh.He showed a few basses and said "Oh deez ma basses,i gots like so much i dont even know,like 20 or somethin like dat".I mean hes so caught up in his money he doesn't really have a love for bass anymore,it shows.Anybody else see it?

2. That episode is at least a year or 2 old. He even said once that in his free time, playing bass isnt even a thought, he only plays whenever hes with the band, and thats it.

3. I just saw that too, i wasn't too impressed (mostly because two of his "basses" were guitars), his playing sux, he i'm not suprised he does too

4. I personally don't like fieldy because I don't think he's all that good a bassist. Why is it that there is so much bitter hatered for him though? I never did understand that. Can someone explain please? (sorry, didn't mean to take over the thread)

5. Cos he's successful.

6. I can understand not liking unjustified sucsess, but at the same time, there are loads of crappy sucessful bassists but they dont get as much crap as fieldy does. how come?

7. I think people don't like him and Mark Hoppus alike is because the 14 year old flammers that come onto this site always talk about how cool they are and how much better they are than everyone else blah blah blah. So people on this site think he sucks just based on his fans. He's really not all that talented, but neither are a gillion other bassists in mainstream and non-mainstream bands.

Also the whole "he's white but acts black" thing isn't too appealing for most.

8. surly flea falls into the same catagory but people don't hate him?

I happen to think flea is damn good, and i also can see that fieldy is crap, but more experienced and knowledgable bassists here think flea is crap too. I just don't understand why he isn't hated also.

9. Actually a lot of people don't like Flea either. You just can't please this crowd :D.

10. fair enough, but he doesnt get anywhere near as much abuse as fieldy. (congratulations on getting 1000 posts when it happens spankbass)

11. Anything successful is going to be made fun of. It's just the way it is...

12. lemonadeisgood

lemonadeisgood

Aug 22, 2001
    Canada
    ... any time now... 1000 posts...

Fieldy does what he does. Enough said.

13. yay, well done spankbass. Nice one son. :D

14. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    he haz no rapping skillz G.

15. NO, you are right he is poo. And im sorry. But i have been attending this thing for about. god knows how long, two months or something. Not once have i read a "Mark Hoppus/Fieldy" is sooo cool. And even though i recognise he is not a good bassist Mark Hoppus is cool, and he is incrediably funny IMO. Maybe some of you "old" guys wont like his brand of "Low-brow" humour but i love it, they are hilarious as a band live, except for Travis who never says anything. Point it, i like smart humour but i think Hoppus is cool cos he is funny and doesnt pretend to be a good bassist.

sim

16. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    I'm not too crazy about his playing or KoRn's "music", but that's not the basis of my dislike for him. I dislike him, because of they way he treats people. The same goes for the rest of the band and Limp Bizkit as well. Case in point: Sam Rivers likes to throw his Warwicks around, and sometimes he breaks them beyond repair (duh!). One time he REALLY broke one of his Stage 1's and it COULD NOT be fixed, so he and Fred almost had the bass tech attacked by the audience by announcing that he was stupid and incompetent on stage, and that HE was the reason that Sam sounded bad. They didn't mention that Sam's throwing of his basses might have something to do with that! Then they fired him, and abandoned him in California, and the guy lives in Boston. He called Warwick, and Dale Titus bought him a plane ticket home. That's the reason why I dislike these two bands. Fieldy likes to start fights with other acts. :rolleyes: I've seen this too many times. Funny thing is, a lot of the times, he tries to start sh*t with women! Go fig. :rolleyes:

17. :D You think that's bad, try doing a show with the Wu-Tang clan......

18. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    Oh,geez i just read an article in Guitar World about Fieldy and he was talking aobut how he "likes to rap more than play his bass".So pathetic,in my opinion.It's in the newest issue with George Harrison on the cover.Read it if you get a chance.

19. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    How is that pathetic? I mean, really, my guitarist would rather play guitar and he is also a bassist, no big deal to me...I could care less what Fieldy does.