Fieldy's sig Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by motherfunker, Jun 1, 2002.

1. motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    Field's Sig Bass: the K5. Is it capable of the low-end rumbling it claims it is one the website? Help would be appreciated, thanks. :D
  2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    do a search, you'll see that this has been discussed already...but, since i'm a nice guy :D the fieldy k5 sig bass is the old sr1305 bass (incognito). it's actually a nice bass...i dig the sr3000 series better, but it was one of the more decent soundgears.
  3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Nice lows, yeah, but no good for anything high, because once you go past 12th fret it starts to whine and sound kinda annoying. Good for slap, a good B for it, but the E is pretty average. Its nothing special, but it one of the better Ibanezes i have played.
  4. Not that bad of a bass, though I only plaid it unplugged here at NAMM

5. motherfunker

Apr 29, 2002
    New York
    Also, i was it just me or is it that no matter how individual your style is, you will always sound like fieldy on this bass? i mean, wouldn't it be harder to express yourself if you are doing it through someone else's preferences?
  6. In order to sound like Fieldy, all you need to do is detune your B to an A and slap it all the time, making sure to scoop the mids on your amp. Since you probably don't want to do that, I'd say that your individual style would come through.

That said, I think the Ibanez preamp is crap--very clinical-sounding, no balls to the tone in any way--but a lot of people like Soundgears.
  7. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Wow Spank, you must have iron arms to be able to hold the bass up and play it at the same time. ;)
  8. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    i dunno....looks to me like he's holding it up by the d string :D
  9. supergreg

Jan 20, 2002
    It actually is a very nice bass. Very un-Fieldyish.
  10. Chris_AtariDoll

Dec 8, 2001
    It is a v.good bass, Sounds and feels great, but with one very big problem,It's a fieldy signature. If you can live with that, and you can get a good deal then It could be a good buy.

11. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Hook me into the right amp and I'll get all the "low-end rumbling" a person can stomach, regardless of the bass. :D
  12. pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    do you know why ibanez stopped making the sr1305? i saw a couple on ebay and they looked nice and im not a huge fan of ibanez.
  13. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    honestly, i have no they could make room for plastic basses? :D
  14. For that picture, I was actually shifting it onto my knee and I was going to sit down. I wasn't really playing, but I positioned my hands that way because I knew he was going to take a pic.