1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fiesta Red 62 Fender P Bass Reissue??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Johnny Alien, Sep 8, 2008.

1. I know that there was a fullerton era 62 Reissue P Bass in Fiesta Red but did they offer it any other year? I really want to get one in that color but I am not ready to pay the Fullerton price. It seems to me that they made this in the late 90's as well.

If they did make it what year? I want to post a wanted ad if they did.

Also I know I could get a Japanese one but I am interested in MIA only.

2. Jason Brown

Jason Brown

May 1, 2000
    SLC, UT
    They did make them in 1999. I'm not sure about other years. There was a thread on talkbass back then about "what's the best deal you ever got on a bass" or something to that effect. I had just bought an AV '62 J from GC for $599 and there was a guy who had gotten the same deal on a Fiesta Red P from another location. His name was Mike and he lived in California is all I remember. That thread was lost with most of the others from that time in a big server crash.

3. Good luck. I've been looking for one of these (MIA, CIJ, and Fullerton) and cannot for the life of me find one. Not on ebay, one was here on TB before I came along. Best of luck in your search. Let me know if you come across a Japan one, I'll take it if you won't.

4. You can get Fiesta Red 62 Reissues new from Ishibashi in Japan. They accept US orders you just have to pay the shipping over. I checked their site and the 62 reissue is listed as available in FRD which from the chart looks to be Fiesta Red.