1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Fights between men and women.

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Marlat, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    "The problem is that women would rather be right than be happy, whereas men would rather be happy than be right. This means that women get annoyed with men's "**** it okay you win" attitude because it seems like the man doesn't care about the issue."

Christian Finnegan on Keith and the Girl.

What do you think?

Edit: I realise this may be an alien topic to many of you TB OT'ers who never actually communicate with live women, but I am sure there's at least a couple of people out there who have. :D

2. Scarlet Fire

Scarlet Fire

Mar 31, 2007
    New England
    What's a girl?

3. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    The quote is 100% correct. It's way less painful just to tell my wife she's right, and let her figure out on her own that she's not.

4. That's not really how it happens at my house. I'd elaborate, but I want to see more people respond before revealing that I do, in fact, live in Opposite World.

Edit: I'm talking about a relationship with a live female that lives with me and is not held there against her will.
    Mike

5. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    I imagine your wife just tells you how it is. End of discussion. :)

6. The fact that I wear the dress in the house is distinctly separate from how our disagreements go, thank you very much.

Mike

7. Deluge Of Sound

Deluge Of Sound Banned

Nov 8, 2007
    Maine/Vermont
    I'm usually in this boat... er, blimp.

8. :D

Mike

9. Tiz true, although my last gui**** exhibited the woman attitude winning over being happy. Turd.

10. hbarcat

hbarcat Supporting Member

Aug 24, 2006
    Rochelle, Illinois
    Absolutely right.

Our 10 year marriage was full of endless bickering. It was impossible for me to say, "Whatever. I don't want to argue about this." Her reply was typically to blame me for trying to make myself the "good guy" by caving in to her and, according to her reasoning, that wasn't fair. She needed me to agree with her and convince her that I sincerely thought that she was in the right or else the argument kept going... with or without my active participation.

I don't like playing games like that, and I think most guys feel the same way.

11. Boondock Saints, meat packing plant....Best man VS woman fight sceen ever!! :D

12. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    This reminds me on a little argument Latimour and I got into regarding women being objects. Arguing with a woman is simply insane. This is why I really don't talk/listen to them unless absolutely necessary.

Anyway, here is the women are objects post.

13. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    You still haven't been here as long as me. ;)

14. The quote in the OP is bunk. It depends entirely on the person. Irrelevant.

15. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Irrelevant? :eyebrow:

16. Croox

Croox

Sep 16, 2007
    South Side Chicago
    are we talking arguments, or physical violence?

arguments- I know better, Just give up I'm not going to win. Ultimatums, I walk. don't get in the way of the things I do, I'm stubborn and set in my ways.

Physical- 99% of the time I wont hit a woman. If she strikes first and breaks my nose or something, you bet your Lilly ass I'm gonna ugly up that pretty face.

17. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    How many situations of physical violence between men and women are an issue of right vs wrong??

(The quote was talking about arguments)

18. Yes indeed, again, The Boondock Saints, meat packing plant scene. Kerrr.........POW!!

I'm all in favor of the "rule of thumb" as well :p

19. sarcastro83

sarcastro83

Jul 27, 2007
    Toronto, ON
    I was always under the impression that all women just liked the sound of their own voices so much, and that's why they kept on kvetching after the argument was long over... ah well. Live and learn (and hopefully not have to take too much of an earfull doing it).

20. Women always have to get the last word in. I've seen many a couple argue about something, the woman storms off for about 10 minutes, and just when the guy is finally relaxed and at ease, in storms the woman with a new point to add to the argument.