Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Figuring Out Loooper Options

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TheEmptyCell, Aug 16, 2005.

1. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    For some reason, I'm kinda dumbfounded as to what options to get on my Loooper.

The effects I'll indefinitely be running are as follows:

Sansamp BDDI before the Loooper, EBS BassIQ and Big Muff in the Loooper and Aphex Punch Factory after the Loooper. I'd also be adding some sort of chorus and other effects later.

Now, I'm planning on a 2 Loooper, with a Blend control on channel 2, where I will place the Big Muff or whatever other tone-suckers without good bypass. Now, I e-mailed them and they told me that my idea of a master bypass to quick bypass both channels when they're on would be pretty useless.

My only concern is that, yes, I could stomp both buttons at once, but what if I really don't want to do that? Wouldn't having a master bypass be a good idea? I'm just kind of confused, but they did say the Blend for the Muff was a good idea (I'm too lazy to mod the Muff once I get it).

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    master bypass is a great idea, I have it on mine.
    I'm sure Dave Boggs must have misunderstood your question, it's precisely what master bypass was designed for

3. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast

Jul 16, 2005
    Syracuse, NY
    Alright, thanks. I told him basically everything I told you, but he said...

But I shall be placing my order for the 2 Loooper with Channel 2 blend and Master Bypass sometime in the not too distant future, ie once I acquire at least the Big Muff and EBS BassIQ.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    Just a suggestion: Get an extra loop or two so you'll have room to grow. Then the master bypass really makes sense.

I have an A/B in with two outs and three loops in the works with Dave.