1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Filhup Holydae?

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by ARTSchitect, Feb 19, 2008.

1. ARTSchitect

ARTSchitect Banned

Feb 19, 2008
    He is a Latin bassist who came and gave a recital at my high school in Allentown, WV. Astonishing. I'm mostly an electric player (I can certainly hold my own on the doghouse.. ever heard of Pops Rosin?), but I didn't know the bass could be played like a violin/viola/cello etc.. :eek:

I saw in another thread he is making the finals in major symphony orchestra auditions all over the world. Anyone else heard this guy? :confused:

2. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Sure, I played with Pops Rosin's Big Band back in the fifties.:bag:

3. ARTSchitect

ARTSchitect Banned

Feb 19, 2008
    Anyone?:hyper:

4. POOPSMITH

POOPSMITH Banned

Mar 26, 2007
    Scranton PA
    :bassist:
    I saw this dude play in a masterclass back in '99s or somthin. This dude played Mzt 35 lzt mvt at likes 190 yo, for realz. Chester was givin the class methinks...he din say nuthin.
    :bassist:

5. ARTSchitect

ARTSchitect Banned

Feb 19, 2008
    Thanks to TalkBass I was able to track down this virtuoso and he has even registered and posted in this forum! We are lucky to be in the presence of Maestro Hollydae! :hyper: