1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Filing grooves in Badass II bridge

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by lttoler, Jun 14, 2007.

1. lttoler

lttoler

Dec 14, 2005
    Georgia
    I just bought a Badass II bridge online and it came today, but on the back it says you need to take it to a professional to have grooves properly filed on each saddle for the string. Is this really necessary and if so, how can I do it. I don't really have many music stores near me, and the closest ones I don't really trust. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks :)

2. redstrand

redstrand Supporting Member

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    What if you have flats?
    Do you still need a groove?

I wish I would have researched this before I bought the bridge. I don't play with a pick or smash the bass...I'm just starting. A light touch is what I'm at right now.

3. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Lots of people don't slot them at all and report no problems. I've slotted with round files at 1/2 string depth, deep "V" cuts, and shallow "V" cuts. Honestly don't hear any difference but the 1/2 round cuts look the best. If you don't want to slot, just mount it and try it out, you can always slot it later.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 5, 2021