1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

"Filling in" for BONZO

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by prattguy, Aug 2, 2007.

1. I know it is kind of a sin, to think that somebody in this earth would be able fill the shoes of Drumming Extraordinaire JOHN BONHAM (may he rest in peace), known lovingly as "BONZO".
    But in the event of a JIMMY PAGE, ROBERT PLANT & JOHN PAUL JONES Reunion, which drummer would you pick, fellow T.B.´ers as a "replacement" for the GREAT DRUMMER and above all EXCEPTIONAL MUSICIAN John "BONZO" Bonham?
    and of course WHY?

2. His son.

I think that would be awesome.

3. Wademeister63

Wademeister63

Aug 30, 2004
    Denton Tx
    Jason Bonham??

Supposedly he jammed with the band and knows the material. Was damn good too from what I heard. Seems like he'd be the natural fill in guy...

4. peaveyuser

peaveyuser Banned

Oct 18, 2006
    Montreal,Canada
    yep his son that shows some respect too IMO.

5. Oh hey guys?

By the way, John Bonham's dead, so it wouldn't really be a Zep reunion.:rolleyes:

:scowl:

6. bassmonkeee

bassmonkeee Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Decatur, GA
    Feel better, Skipper? :rolleyes: indeed.

7. i'd pick me, cause you'll know they're good if they can still play stadiums with a drummer as crap as me!

8. CelinderMotoMan

CelinderMotoMan Banned

Apr 4, 2007
    Flint, Mi.
    Maybe that's why the OP said a Plant/Page/Jones reunion. :rolleyes:

9. Sneckumhaw

Sneckumhaw

Apr 26, 2006
    Earth
    Maybe Matt Cameron if Jason decided against it.

10. Buzzgroove

Buzzgroove

Apr 11, 2007
    Scotland
    Phil Collins as one of the first choices for me, when he keeps his mouth shut and just drums he's a great player with a big sound.
    Check out his work on 'Pictures at Eleven', for me it stands out as Robert Plant's best solo album, partly because of the drumming.

11. Excelent choice, he´s got a relentless rock groove, a brutally heavy sound, and a LOT of chops.

By the way, nobody said anything about a "ZEP" reunion :rollno: , just Plant, Page and Jones, just for kicks, does anybody agree to the fact that they would need a Super Drummer?
    Just asking......:smug:

12. didnt stop lynard skynard.

i would choose keith moon meself.

13. lefty007

lefty007

Jan 19, 2004
    Miami, FL
    Jason Bonham has already collaborated with Zep in the the past, so I'm sure if they wanted to get together and do a tour, they would have already. . . but you never know. He's obviously a great candidate.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Bonham

Besides him, I would say Eric Singer (Kiss / Alice Cooper). He played with this band called Badlands in the mid-'90d and he had an incredible Bonham vibe and sound going on.

14. Alfredo Hernández - He played on the "And the Circus Leaves Town" album by Kyuss or Brant Bjork who played on the other Kyuss albums. Matt Cameron would be cool as $#!% as someone already mentioned. I also think Coady Willis from Big Business would be a cool Choice for his riffy style. But Jason Bonham is the obvious choice though. What about Bill Ward? That would be cool.

15. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Dave Grohl - That would rock.

16. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Hamid Drake.
    I know...most of you don't know him & the 1-2 that do will think I'm off my rocker.

There's nothing this guy can't do; one of his projects is Spaceways Incorporated...he gets to throw down some Bonham-esque grooves in a bass-sax-drums trio.

17. I-Love-Ratm

I-Love-Ratm

Feb 24, 2003
    I would have to say Dave Grohl too.Very Bonham-esque stuff he did with QOTSA on "Songs for the deaf"

18. McHaven

McHaven

Mar 1, 2005
    Jason Bonham
    Zak Starkey (If he can play as Keith Moon, he should be able to do Bonham)
    Dave Grohl

19. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    Cozy Powell, would make a great fit. But, unfortunately, he's passed on too.