1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Filter by price range?

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box' started by ric426, Apr 3, 2015.

1. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    Is there any way to filter For Sale threads in the Classifieds forum by price range? I'm getting depressed seeing so many nice basses for sale at prices that I'll never be able to afford. :eyebrow:
    It'd be less painful if I could limit the threads displayed to a certain price range.

2. paul

paul Staff Member Founder Administrator

Jul 20, 2000
    Texas
    I'd love to do this, but it's a bit tricky. It is on my future to-do list though. It would be easier if we had a single currency...

pudge likes this.
  3. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    There's a can of worms. Even a quick fix of a adding price number to the search page and letting people sort out currency themselves has issues.....

And you think you got it hard? Non-US residents (including Hawaiians and Alaskans apparently) would probably like to see a shipping restriction parameter so they didn't have to see all the great gear that sellers won't ship to them.

4. ric426

ric426 In my defense, I was left unsupervised. Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Southeast Michigan
    I didn't mean to sound like I was complaining (at least not seriously). It was more a case of wishful thinking than expectation, and wondering if there might already be a way of which I wasn't aware.

5. Jeff Bonny

Jeff Bonny

Nov 20, 2000
    Vancouver, BC
    You're only doing exactly what this forum is for.....I just kinda used you as a segue into my suggestion. More search options in the classifieds would be nice.

6. tlite

tlite Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Florida
    Howdy Paul! Really enjoying the forum- was about to post this same idea to the suggestion box, found this and figured I'd bring the thread back from the dead. Still too tricky to implement a price filter option to the classified search? Thx!