1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Filter Question - Something close to the Source Audio Manta LPF setting

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by vlad_drac, Feb 28, 2018.

1. vlad_drac

vlad_drac

May 3, 2017
    Jersey
    Apologies in advance for the fairly esoteric question, but I figured some of the frequenters around here might be able to assist.

I've been using the Source Audio Manta for my filter needs, but mainly using the two-pole low pass filter for creating synth sounds or combining with my MXR Bass Distortion (pretty much nails Les Claypool's sound on Hennepin Crawler).

So, after running this on my board for a while, I've wanted to change my setup and add/shuffle a few other pedals. However this is looking a bit harder to work with the size of the Manta.

Does anyone know of a pedal in a smaller form factor that gets in the ballpark of how the LPF sounds on the Manta? Wish Source Audio had a One Series filter.. I've read people mentioning the Xerograph around here, but any suggestions would be welcomed.

Thanks!

2. GMC

GMC Supporting Member

The Xerograph can do the Low Pass filter that you are after in a slightly smaller box. but Iron Ether are out of stock at the moment. They tend to build batches and one has to wait for the next batch. The Manta isn't much bigger though. The Manta can still do a lot that the Xerograph can't, but the Iron Ether pedal is an analogue circuit and sounds much fuller and warmer. The Manta has more options and can be midi controlled via the Hub, which is great if you need that kind of patch control.

vlad_drac likes this.
  3. Nunovsky

Nunovsky

Sep 4, 2004
    Portugal
    I think that I heard something about Source Audio moving to turn the rest of their pedals line into the one series format after the release of Ventris.
    I have the Bass Envelope Filter Pro and I love it but I struggle with the same problem concerning the footprint of the pedal. An envelope filter in the One Series format with the tweakability that the neuro app presents would be awesome for my needs.

GMC, hintz, vlad_drac and 1 other person like this.
  4. deepestend

deepestend Commercial User

Feb 21, 2003
    Brooklyn via Austin and NOLA
    Guitar/Bass Builder and Social Media at Sadowsky
    If you don’t mind, what exactly are your settings for this on the manta? I just got one and am starting to figure it out.

5. vlad_drac

vlad_drac

May 3, 2017
    Jersey
    I don't remember exactly what settings I use off hand, but I primarily use the two-pole LPF setting similar to what Zach Rizer used in his YouTube demo. Highly recommend checking that out when you have a minute. As many people have stated before, the interface is a bit of a pain to manage. Just take some time and try to get acclimated to it.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 28, 2021