Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

filter question

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by steamboat, Nov 30, 2002.

1. I've looked around a bit but haven't found anything conclusive (some pedal manufacturer websites seem quite vague when describing product features).... I'm wondering if there are any envelope filters that would allow me to use an external sound source as a control voltage.

I'm not sure if I worded that correctly.. so essentially I want my bass sound to have filter sweeps that are triggered by something like a drum machine.

Thanks!

2. i think the closest thing you can get to that is tap tempo on some pedals... sorry :(

3. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    One "mother of filters" units seems to be the Adrenalinn, perhaps it can do what you want. If you have a drum machine it should at least be able to control the filter sweeps using MIDI. I don't know first hand, but perhaps something to investigate. (http://www.adrenalinn.com)

Edit: I know it's a guitar effect, but you never know...

4. Isn't this why the Q-Tron+ and Meatball have FX loops? So you can trigger them with an external sound source I believe. The MoogerFooger may be your best bet.