1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Final Price Drop: 2012 Fender American Standard Precision Bass V P5 Candy Cola Red

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ggvicviper, Oct 3, 2017.

1. ggvicviper

ggvicviper Yamaha & Grosbeak. I’m Marc!

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    Price:
    Strings:
    SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!!

Weighing in at about 9lbs, we have a lovely Fender Precision V in Candy Cola. Bass is in pretty good shape, I've been using it the past year for playing with my work band. I'm gonna grab one of the new Yamaha BBs next, so this is gonna go. Comes with extra red pearl pickguard and is strung with Chromes.

You can't find a P5 this color anymore. Fender loves discontinuing popular colors because they're really smart. They also recently discontinued the firm selling Squier P5s (again, smart) so don't miss out on a red Fender P5. Asking NOW $900 shipped ConUS in only the case. Will be well protected. Thanks, please be serious if you're interested.

Not looking for trades, thank you.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited: Oct 17, 2017
    ShirazBop, petrus61, smperry and 8 others like this.
  2. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I had that exact bass for a while. Great sounding P, really comfy neck, just not playing fivers anymore. That color looks awesome in person.

ShirazBop and feschyn like this.
  3. ShirazBop

ShirazBop

Sep 29, 2006
    Greensboro, NC
    Got a 2011 same color scheme,.. First Fiver,... Love it! Gotta pick with the other pick guard?

4. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    How's that B string? And are you interested in trades? Thanks

5. ggvicviper

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    The B string is good. And as stated in the post in bold, I am not looking for trades.

6. rigorous bass

rigorous bass Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Sorry, didn't catch that somehow.... Thanks

7. pbass2

pbass2

Jan 25, 2007
    Los Angeles
    I agree. I found the B very solid and well-integrated with the rest of the bass, and I just had the stock strings on mine--never even tried other sets.

8. ggvicviper

Jul 16, 2011
    East Meadow, NY, USA
    For me, Chromes work well on pretty much anything I throw them on. And I currently have them thrown on everything!

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021