1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD FINAL PRICE DROP $895 OBO Lakland Skyline 55-60

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by SamuelSandoval, Sep 8, 2017.

1. SamuelSandoval

SamuelSandoval Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    Price:
    Strings:
    Lakland 55-60 Skyline. Priced low for a quick sale!!

This is a great bass, and I hate to let it go but need tires for a truck, and am short on cash...
    Lakland has a killer, great tone that fits basically in any type of music, any song really!

The instrument is relatively light (9.4 lbs) and well balanced. The board doesn't have any dead spots. It's very consistent throughout all the frets. I love the way it's smooth yet it has the Lakland growl. This is equipped with real single coils, not the sterile noise cancelling stacked or split pickups that some manufacturers put on.

Lakland does the vintage thing dead on. Volume Volume Tone configuration. Awesome Teal Green, and even the fret dots are clay colored.

I recently set it up with low action and whoever buys it is sure to enjoy a quick, easy playing bass guitar.

lakland square.

IMG_2949.JPG

IMG_2951.JPG

IMG_2952.JPG

IMG_2953.JPG

IMG_2955.JPG

Last edited: Sep 23, 2017
    Rnb4003, kwdhsk and NathanDetroit like this.
  2. sonicyogi

sonicyogi Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2005
    NYC
    Are these the original pickups?

3. Hello, what type of strings has it does? they look preety wide. Do you ship to Durham? My girlfriend goes in october by her work, and will stay for a week in a hotel. She could bring it to my country...

4. Can you post a "back of the neck picture"? has it any scratch?

5. SamuelSandoval

SamuelSandoval Supporting Member

Jan 18, 2014
    Northern Colorado
    Hi, it does not have a single scratch. It's basically new. I'm not sure what brand the strings are but they feel like medium gauge nickel round wound.

waynobass likes this.