1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD ***FINAL PRICE DROP *** FS: Sadowsky UV70 5-string Uber-Geddy

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Darth Moley, Sep 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Moley

Darth Moley

Jun 11, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    As much as I hate to do this....

Up for sale is my Sadowsky Metro UV70 5-string, black with a maple fretboard, black block inlays, and black binding. There are no chips or dings, only very light surface marks that look like polish marks, and they aren't even visible unless you look really close up at certain angles. The VTC kit is included, but not yet installed (I haven't had the time to do the install yet). It's a sweet bass, one that I'm VERY reluctant to part with. It's got that killer Sadowsky tone and feel! Basically, I'm trying to fund a wedding, and it's a choice between the bass and the bride. Not that she'd leave if I kept the bass, but we've put the wedding off long enough! I made my choice, and now some other lucky bass player is gonna get the bass! Original Sadowsky case and case candy included.

*** Asking price is $2000. USPS money order preferred, Paypal accepted if you pay the fees. $30 shipping, continental US only. ***

I'll give this until the end of the week, then off to the 'bay.

Here's a couple of pics:

UV70MB5.jpg

MySadowsky.jpg

Attached Files:

2. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Dude. Elope. Seriously.

3. Darth Moley

Darth Moley

Jun 11, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Don't think I haven't considered it! :D

4. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

Nice bass. If you are serious about spending the rest of your life with her, do the wedding up right. She'll let you buy bass gear in the future. If, OTOH, you keep the bass and elope/go cheap, she'll hold that over your head for the rest of your life, and new basses will be few and far between.

Best of luck on the sale and everything else. I love my UV70!

5. Joe BassPlayer

Joe BassPlayer Supporting Member

Aug 18, 2002
    Georgia
    :D
    For real!;)

6. Sell it to someone who will give it back to you as a wedding present. :hyper:

7. Darth Moley

Darth Moley

Jun 11, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    That would ROCK. Right now, I just gotta worry about the selling part. We are trying to do the wedding right, and believe me, it costs. Right now, we need a couple grand just for deposits to reserve the hall and such!

8. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    ARRGH!!!!!!! I so want one of these....

:bawl:

9. Darth Moley

Darth Moley

Jun 11, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Well, it is for sale.... ;)

10. mark beem

mark beem Wait, how does this song start again?? Supporting Member

Jul 20, 2001
    Alabama, USA
    Yeah, but that's only half the problem....

:(

11. Darth Moley

Darth Moley

Jun 11, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    True. I guess that's why it's being sold in the first place - to come up with the second half of an equation! :help:

12. 95JettaCity

95JettaCity

Feb 13, 2004
    Las Vegas
    This is my old bass and I assure everyone that it plays itself!!

Good luck with the sale!

13. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    wow, Wow, WOW, WOW

14. fretlesswonder

fretlesswonder

Jul 26, 2006
    New Jersey
    It all changes, bull to those who say it doesn't. Wife's are cool being girlfriends, once they get a ring, it all changes. Ask every married man in the world, they all say the same things. Keep the bass and go to Vegas, seriously.

15. Darth Moley

Darth Moley

Jun 11, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    The Vegas Contingency has been looked at, but it still costs money to get to Vegas, get something decent to wear, and have the actual ceremony. Besides, we both want a traditional wedding, which is one of the reasons we haven't done it yet! Now all that's left is to raise the cash, and get the ball rolling.

16. nemo

nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    Czech
    Obligatory pic:
    [​IMG]
    Anyway, good luck with your endeavours and bump for amazing bass! ;)

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I was hot and heavy after this one for a while, but have since found my dream RV5. Someone grab this. Bumpa for a great bass....

18. One Drop

One Drop

Oct 10, 2004
    Swiss Alps
    PM sent yesterday...

BTW, in my excitement I forgot to wish you good luck and congratulations!

19. Darth Moley

Darth Moley

Jun 11, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    PM replied to, and thank you for the regards! Thanks to all the other guys on here with the positive comments as well! And Cheeze, your sig is hilarious!

20. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Ahh yes, at least it's only my sig until 10-10. The result of an unfortunate bet with an unnamed Bears fan.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 18, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.