For Sale FINAL Price Drop - Performance Jazz Bass - Like NEW! $2500

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by gorneyg, Feb 3, 2020.

1. gorneyg

gorneyg Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Price:
    Strings:
    United States
    Perf1.jpg Perf2.jpg Performance.jpg $2500 - This bass is like NEW! Left the house once. Includes shipping and insurance.

No Trades. New this bass is $3200+.

Performance 4 string Jazz Bass, Alder Body, Candy Apple Red
    color with matching head stock, 70' pick up spacing,white pearl pick guard, Performance KARJ4 pick ups and Performance TTL pre-amp, black Badass bridge,Hipshot HB6C1/2 Tuning Heads, gig bag.

Shipped to CONUS only. No Trades. Performance.jpg

Performance Guitars has been making hand built custom guitars and basses since 1976.

Created by former Fender technical advisor Kunio “Kenny” Sugai, our roster of clients have included some of the biggest names in the music industry. Fleet fingered icons such as Frank Zappa, Dweezil Zappa, Warren DeMartini, Steve Vai and Joe Walsh have all come to Performance Guitar to turn their ideas into reality.

The key to the success of Performance Guitar has always been top-notch customer service and hands-on attention to detail. Our guitars are made on site and once an order is taken, construction begins right away. Our rapid turnover rate combined with excellent craftsmanship significantly distinguishes them from other guitar builders. We also perform first-rate amp, effects and guitar repair.

Our custom bodies, necks pickups and electronics are of the highest quality and cater to the guitarist with discerning tastes. Our in-house builders work one–on-one with clients to select the best materials, oversee manufacturing and supervise final production. Building the most vibrant instruments possible with incredible tones and accurate string alignment is what Frank Zappa once called “The Crux of The Biscuit.”

Sugai worked very closely with Frank Zappa for fifteen years right up unitl his death in 1993. During his illness Zappa confided in him. “I am very sick and I need three kinds of doctors; one for my health, the second for my recording studio and the third is you as my guitar doctor.” It was from this relationship that Performance Guitar became very popular among artists such as Warren Cuccurullo, Steve Vai, Warren DeMartini and Joe Walsh.

Master craftsman Sugai’s art is grounded in the exemplary Japanese traditions of a strong work ethic, quality and consistency. Meticulous attention to detail is given to every facet of our product and that’s what creates a lifelong musical instrument. His guitars and basses provide a seamless conduit between the musician and the creation of great music. Many of the most hard to please professional musicians have given us the thumbs up. On stages the world over, our custom guitars and basses play with the perfection that we are known for.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2021
    R&B, funkyjudge, Matt R and 3 others like this.
  2. Bassman415

Bassman415 I make the floor shake Supporting Member

Nov 17, 2008
    city of angels
    Gorgeous instrument !!

gorneyg likes this.
  3. Emanuel

Emanuel Master of the run-on sentence

I go to the Performance shop often. I love those guys. True craftsman.

mrgoodbass and gorneyg like this.
  4. nick333

nick333

Nov 3, 2012
    Why is this bass still here ?
    ( I already have one )
    Is there a better JB ?

gorneyg likes this.
  5. gorneyg

Jun 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Matter of taste and need. I love this bass and it plays and sounds great and I wouldn't be upset if it doesn't sell.
    But...I just have a few basses too many and needed to decide what to keep and what to sell.
    I'm keeping a few of my 'undersized' J basses.
    To answer your question...this is as good as any bass I've played or owned. The craftsmanship is outstanding.
    And I understand that, at this price point, you'd really have to want this bass and what it provides...and you'd better like candy apple red!
    Thanks!

6. MaccaMan1964

MaccaMan1964 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Moved to Miami
    Did I miss the weight? Please...

7. gorneyg

Jun 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    ~9 lbs

8. wes stephenson

wes stephenson Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Dallas Texas!!!!
    Best Jazz basses on the market!

gorneyg likes this.
  9. john allemond

john allemond Supporting Member

That's a fine instrument...GLWTS

10. gorneyg

Jun 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thank you John. It really is. If it doesn't sell I can live with keeping this one! ;)

11. Norman Walker

Norman Walker

Mar 16, 2021
    I wished I had seen this beautiful bass a few days ago. I literally bought a Spector USA NS-5XL this past Monday. I needed a 5-String. My very first bass was a 1957 Candy Apple red at age 10. I regret selling it. I just don't have the cash right now or I would definitely buy this Jazz bass. My favorite style of all time. Anyhow. Thanks for posting! I hope it doesn't sell because I would buy in six months from now.

gorneyg likes this.
  12. gorneyg

Jun 7, 2012
    New Jersey
    Thanks...and keep watching. If you need any info PM me.

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021