Final Price Reduction: Spectacular (new adjective) Carvin LB70P - $550 shipped.

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by fourstringbliss, Jan 8, 2006.

1. SOLD

I don't want to send this to Ebay, but I'm not getting any serious takers here. I started at $700, dropped to $600, and now I'm down to $550. I've got a G&L Tribute L2000 on layaway and I need to put new strings on it. Altogether I need $500.

Here's the info on the Carvin:

I've got a beautiful Carvin LB70P in almost perfect condition. It's neck thru with a solid maple neck. The body wings are alder, and the top is solid 1/2" flamed/figured walnut. The pickups are J/MM with piezos in the bridge. There are abalone block inlays in the ebony fretboard and the headstock is the Carvin "traditional" type, which is more like a Les Paul or acoustic guitar headstock.

It has a very nice tone, just not the tone I'm looking for.

Everything is stock but for one thing. I altered the nut to be strung BEAD. It sounds good that way, but it's not what most 4-stringers use. I regret doing this, but I didn't expect to be selling it. Luckily a new Carvin nut is only $4. The strings on the bass are Fender 8250-5M's (130, 110, 85, 65), and I'll include another brand new set.

$550 including shipping to the Continental USA.

If you're outside of the continental USA we can work out a shipping deal. I'm not looking to spend more than $50 to box it up and ship it.

Here's the info the the original owner, David Meissner added to my previous posting on this bass:

David: i am the original owner / designer of this bass , it was
    built to my exact specifications ...

specs are as follows :

alder body wings w/ claro walnut top { beautiful }
    ebony fretboard w/ abalone inlays on a beautiful hard maple neck
    18v. active / w/ passive pull switch { handy detail }
    black hardware
    traditional {think Gibson } headstock

folks , this is indeed a fine Carvin bass .
    very high quality of build and electronics { stock }
    lightweight and well balanced .

i can tell you if you buy this bass , you will be getting it for half of what it cost me to build new in 2000...
    it has been very well maintained and is in like new condition .
    the case does show some signs of wear {but isn't that what
    a case is supposed to do ? } .

bump for a wonderful , players bass ...

Please give this bass a home and allow me to take my new baby home!
  2. Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    So, no trades...?
  3. g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    someone buy this bass! SOMEONE PLEASE BUY IT! assuming the neck is straight and whatnot, this is a pretty friggin good deal for this. he says it's in great condition, so for this price you are getting a great bass.

so what? a nut costs $4, AND he says he'll work something out with you if need be. this bass is WELL worth it if it has got no problems. plus it's got piezos, which is a $100 charge on the Carvin site ;) .

i would pick this up if i hadn't just bought a Carvin LB75F from someone else on this site.

FREE BUMP :) !
  4. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I would have bought this bass on the strength of the piezo's alone. But now, I had to make a final payment to pay off my Kubicki and it seems I'm stripped of cash.

Which is an absolute shame, because 1) I really really love that bass and 2) I know you need the sale.

5. klocwerk

May 19, 2005
    Somerville, MA
    I'd be tempted if I weren't in the process of putting together a bass with very similar specs.

Someone buy this, Carvin makes some nice instruments and you'll have a hard time finding a better deal!
  6. I'd love to take a trade, but I've found the bass I'm looking for and put a non-refundable deposit down on it. I've found that a G&L L2000 gives me the tones I hear in my head when I think about bass. I guess if you had an L2000 and you were interested in trading I could do that.

What were you thinking for trades?
  7. I appreciate that! I do have a month before the layaway is void, but I'm really looking forward to playing that L2K!
  8. Thanks for the bump and the helpful words!!
  9. Thanks to those who looked and especially to those who helped with their added words. I'll be picking up my new baby today or tomorrow.