1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Final Reverends - prices dropped

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by craigb, Mar 24, 2006.

1. actually i thought that would get a tad boring. But the black one will look real sharp with my Reverend guitar, which is gold with a black pickguard.

Plus this way I can choose which of my Rumblefish to take to a gig based on the outfit I'm wearing. :D

2. Hrumpfh!

I can count on mine CLASHING with any outfit a sane person would wear....

...I got the SAFETY ORANGE one!!!!

:bassist:

3. funkmuffin

funkmuffin

Aug 18, 2004
    Akron, Ohio
    Pardon, but I don't know much about the Reverends -- what's with the "faux" wood? What are the Rumblefish's bodies made of?

I'm thinking about gettin me one, but I need to know what I might be buying.

Anyone help?

4. Mostly white mahogany. The neck, bridge, and electronics are all mounted on a solid block of it. The outside is a phenolic material that uses wood resin or something.

5. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    Most of the bodies are made of the "equivilant of counter top materials, and '70's den paneling."

This does not detract at all from the fact that they are freakin' genius basses.

6. watspan

watspan

Nov 25, 2002
    madison, wi

I believe this refers to a faux woodgrain to the finish. The premium topped (mahogany etc.) are a veneer of real wood.

What you'll be getting is awesome tone and feel at a great price--mojo too!

7. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Ugh, all the blue ones are gone :(

8. PinkFloydDan

PinkFloydDan

Jul 4, 2005
    Buffalo
    And guess who bought "The Very Last 4 String Reverend Bass Ever"?

:)

9. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan
    So is it orange like a traffic cone?

I bought the Lava Swirl two weeks ago. I know a guy who works there and he heard a rumor that the prices might be dropped, but I couldn't chance it. I also bought some of the pick ups and one of the necks.

Pink FloydDan, congrats!!

I wonder who got the purple one? I'm going to check with my friend to see if he got any pics of them.

10. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    why are they going out of business? They just came out a few years ago.

11. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Unrealised demand. I dunno if it's the avante gard/retro looks or what, but they never took off. Their guitars do better, but still not great.
    If you ever get a chance to put a Reverend bass in your hands, feel it, hear it, you'll really like it.

12. They're not going out of business, just not making basses anymore. Why? Because they were a small business creating high-quality basses entirely in America and selling them for below $1000, and I'd guess you can't make money that way unless there's a total buying frenzy... and there wasn't.

13. sanray

sanray

Nov 8, 2005
    weak, well I wish I could buy one, but I am in university and I have no money. not even a little money. no money at all. actually I am work right now, on there computer.

14. I'll let ya know as soon as I get it, I bought it "sight unseen", they never got photos of it up. I just dug the idea of something OBNOXIOUS color-wise, and it will match my Element which is the "Sunset Orange Pearl" paint.

I'm guessin' it's pretty ORANGE, because they called it safety orange in the descritpion.

:hyper:

:bassist:

(Oh, and it was the cheapest one too...$519 :cool: )

15. matrok

matrok

Jan 10, 2005
    Ferndale, Michigan

Post pics please. That goes for all you new fish owners!! :hyper:

16. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Safety Orange really is like traffic cones and hardhats. I passed on a P/J that was at a local store that was that color.
    If it floats your boat-rockit!
    No doubt you will be seen whilst wearing it;)

17. orlfl

orlfl

Jul 22, 2005
    Orlando
    I got one of the black ones. Have always liked the looks of them, just never pulled the trigger. Glad I got in on the last chance...

18. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Gard, I had an orange one for a bit. Here's a photo:

[​IMG]

Cheers!

Jack

19. Woot! Exactly what I was hopin' for!!! :D

Just give it a black pickguard with dual white J pickups and a B string, and you're there...should look schmoove with my screamin' blue flame maple PJB Briefcase...

:eek:

:ninja:

...will the fashion police arrest me for that combination? Or, worse yet, will I be mistaken for a Florida Gators fan??? :bawl:

20. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    hahah That rules! I want one too....